Chapter 11

Johnny: Hello? Oh, hello, Mr. Moon and Pippa.

Bob: Some say their the worst showman and showoman this city's ever seen. Some say their two walking disasters. Two loose cannons. Well, tomorrow night, the names Buster Moon and Pippa Moon will go down in entertainment history once and for all, as they and this bunch of bumbling amateurs attempt to re-stage the show that brought down their theater.

Buster: Ah, don't you worry, Mike, all is forgiven. Just glad you're back in one piece.

Mike: Oh, yeah, you're too kind, Mr. Moon. And, uh, the prize money? I mean, it's real this time, right?

Pippa: There is no prize money 'cause there's no competition. Tonight, you're singing for yourselves. Two minutes, everybody! Final checks.

Mike: Singing for ourselves? Unbelievable. Who's she... This is crazy. I'm outta here.

Ms. Crawly: (use megaphone) Hello! We're putting on a show here. You all should come and see it! You! Come on! Come on, fella! It's gonna be really good!

Buster: Hey, how's our new stage hand getting on?

Meena: He's learning fast.

Eddie: (shouting) All set and standing by! I love this headset!

Ms. Crawly: The audience are in their seats, Mr. Moon and Miss. Moon.

Pippa: Great! (look to the audience) Hmm.

Norman: Caspar!

Buster: That's all?

Norman: Get your pants back on, young man! Please, you guys, please. Please sit down! Hey! Put your shoes back on right now! Zoe, I saw that! Stop it! And, Leo, that is disgusting.

Bob: Well, John, I've covered many disasters for this network, but this is sure to... Oh, they're about to start.

Pippa: Okay, guys, listen up! Look, I gotta tell you, um, there's not much of an audience out there tonight. But you know what? It doesn't matter. It really doesn't. 'Cause tonight is our night. And whatever happens, I just want you all to know how proud. I am to be a part of this with you.

Rosita: Good luck, Mr. Moon and Miss. Moon.

Buster: Good luck, everyone... Whoa!

Eddie: Whoop! Uh... Sorry. Just jumped the cue there. Don't worry. I'm gonna get the hang of this.

Pippa: Here we go. All creatures great and small...

Audience: (laugh)

Buster: ...welcome to the... Oh, hello, there. Great! Welcome to our newly refurbished, open-air theater.

Rosita: You ready, big guy?

Gunter: Yeah. I'm like totally ready.

Rosita: All right! (grunt) Let's do this.

Pippa: Gunter and Rosita!

Rosita: I stay out too late. Got nothing in my brain. That's what people sa-ay. Mm-mm. That's what people sa-ay. Mm-mm.

Gunter: I go on too many dates. But I can't make 'em stay. At least that's what people sa-ay. Mm-mm. That's what people sa-ay. Mm-mm.

Bob: (laughs) Are you getting this?

Rosita: But I keep cruising. Can't stop, won't stop moving. It's like I got this music in my mind. Saying it's gonna be alright.

Piglets: Whoa!

Rosita: I never miss a beat. I'm lightning on my feet. And that's what they don't se-ee. Mm-mm. That's what they don't se-ee. Mm-mm.

Gunter: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Both: AH!-AH!-AH! Players gonna play, play, play, play, play and the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake.

Piglets: I shake it off, I shake it off.

(on TV)

Both: Players gonna play, play, play, play, play and the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Cat: Aren't they great?

Mike: What, are you kidding me? It's like watching Jell-o dancing around!

Cat: Huh. Like you could do any better, pipsqueak.

(laughter)

Mike: Alight, alright. Hey you wanna see something great? I'll show ya great.

Rosita: Heartbreakers gonna break.

Gunter: Fakers gonna fake.

Rosita: I'm just gonna shake.

Both: I shake it off, I shake it off, shake it off, shake it off, ah-ah. I shake it off, I shake it off, ah-ah. I shake it off, I shake it off, ah-ah. I shake it off, I shake it off.

Piglets: (cheers)

Buster: Gunter and Rosita! Kids! No! Back to your seats!

Rosita: Okay, okay. Whoa! Norman!

Gunter: Alright! Piggy power! Ha-ha!

Piglet: That was great!

Bob: Well, it seems I'm not the only one who actually enjoyed that. Crowds are beginning to arrive at the scene.

Pippa: Help!

Rosita: I'm so sorry, Mr. Moon and Miss. Moon.

Buster: Johnny, you're on next.

Johnny: You could never know what it's like. Your blood like winter freezes just like ice and there's a cold lonely light that shines from you. You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use.

(on TV)

Johnny: And did you think this fool could never win? Well look at me, I'm comin' back again.

Big Daddy: What is that? Turn it down, will ya?

Johnny: I got a taste of love in a simple way.

Big Daddy: Oy, Didn't you hear me? I said, turn it...

Johnny: And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away.

Big Daddy: Johnny?

Johnny: And don't you know I'm still standin' better than I ever did? Lookin' like a true survivor.

Big Daddy: Johnny.

Johnny: Feelin' like a little kid.

Big Daddy: It's Johnny! That's my son!

Johnny: And I'm still standin' after all this time. Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind.

Big Daddy: My son...

Johnny: I'm still standin', yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm still standin', yeah, yeah, yeah.

Police Officers: What the... Heey!

Johnny: Once I never could hope to win.

Police Officers: Hey, hey, hey!

Johnny: You startin' down the road leavin' me again. The threats you made were meant to cut me down and if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now and don't you know I'm still standin' better than I ever did? Lookin' like a true survivor, feelin' like a little kid and I'm still standin' after all this time. Pickin' up the pieces of my life without you on my mind. I'm still standin', yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm still standin', yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm still standin', yeah, yeah, yeah.

('Audience cheers)

Pippa: What about that, huh? Give it up for my boyfriend Johnny, folks!

('Audience cheers)