Chapter I B: (Un)Natural selection

"What were we saying? Oh, right. I need your band, in five days... and I do not really see anything here." Loki murmured, opening the agenda at the designed page. He hovered the open palm of his hand over it, erasing all traces of what was written before.

"You're right. No commitment. They are free. They will come to you." Tom asserted, like an automaton.

"Very well. And you are going to take them to me, I'll tell you the time and the place in due time." Loki smirked, walking towards the exit door.

"So, do you have a private jet?" Tom asked curios.

"Oh, no. Much, much better!" The God of Chaos grinned, before leaving the room and the building.

------------------------------------------------

"I still can't understand, Tom, what the hell happened to the charity event?" Dominic asked his friend while they were in the taxi, on the fateful date.

"There was no charity event!" Tom asserted with a bitter tone.

"But why not? We've talked about it for weeks, it's the one where we are supposed to collect the funds for..." Chris insisted.

"I'm telling you there has never been any scheduled night like this, and even if there was forget it!" The photographer insisted.

Dom and Chris gestured to each other that their friend must have probably had a fever and was talking nonsense.

"And where are we going, then?" Matthew asked him, interested.

"I can't share this precious info with you, but we're almost there!" Tom replied mysteriously.

"Tom, we're going to a concert, it's not a bloody treasure hunt!" The frontman protested.

"Please, dude, you can stop the car here and let us go." Tom gave the necessary instructions to the taxi driver, blatantly ignoring Matt.

"Here? In the middle of nowhere?" Dom complained, exiting the car with the others, before the taxi left.

"Tom! Where exactly are we supposed to bloody perform? There's not any stage, not even a stadium... or a tent!" Chris muttered, growing nervous.

As a matter of fact, they were in the most deserted and desolate wasteland that London had to offer them.

"You aren't going to perform here, of course; but this is the place where he will come to pick us up." Tom beamed.

"He? Who?" Matt scratched his head, understanding less and less about what was going on.

"I must recognize that you're punctual, Midgardian!" A resounding voice exclaimed.

"Who said that?" Dom asked nervously, not realising why Tom was smiling like an idiot, while he seemed to wait for something or someone, confident.

In his entire golden splendor, Loki made his entrance with large and determined steps, which were making his long cloak wave elegantly.

"I did!" The beautiful God replied austere and bald.

"Wait a moment... but I know who he is ... he's that guy from the movie that came out a few months ago... the one with Captain America!" Chris began, pointing at the God.

Loki glared at Chris so icily that the bassist started to fear for his own life.

"I've killed for much less, you know?" The Asgardian hissed. "You're lucky, because I need you for my purposes."