Gwen: yeah, well, I think I'm going to pass on the fishing thing. I'll stay here and catch some sun instead.

Max: ok. But you don't know what you're missing.

Gwen: I'm pretty sure I do. <walks away>

Wade: I'm also going to pass. I don't have the patience for fishing and I need to watch over Gwen.

Max: very well then.

Wade:<walks away>

Max:<turns to the boat> Captain Shaw?

Shaw: who wants to know?

Max: I'm Max Tennyson, and this is my grandson Ben. We chartered your boat today for a fishing trip.

Shaw: well, what are you waiting for? An engraved invitation? Get aboard. I ain't got all day.

They both got in as Shaw started sailing the boat into the more open part of the lake.

Max: anything interesting to catch out there today?

Shaw: more than you can imagine. Looks like your boy's using his breakfast as chum.

Ben:<having his head over the side>

Max: Ben, you feeling ok?

Ben:<lifts his head up> yeah. I'm just keeping an eye out for the lake monster. That thing's not taking me by surprise this time. <looks at something> whoa! There it is!

they pass the "monster" and it was just an empty cooler stuck in a weird branch.

Ben: oh, my bad.

Max: now, Ben, this is a fishing trip, not a monster hunt.

Shaw: it's called the Krakken.

Ben: whoa. You know about it?

Shaw: it's my business to know about it. <gives Ben a picture> I've been on its tail for years. Folks say my rudder's not right.

Ben looks at the picture and it looks very weird, as if it was a picture of the lock ness monster.

Max: why doesn't that surprise me?

Shaw: sightings go back hundreds of years on this very lake. Some say it's a myth. Not me. I could take you to a spot where I personally laid eyes upon the beast- that is, if you got the stomach for some real adventure.

Ben:<looks at Max excited>

Max: I guess so.

Ben: all right!

Shaw: Sonar. Hi-Def video set up. Ultrasound. I got it all, and I will find it. And I will find it. Mark my words. It can't hide forever.

Max takes Ben away from Shaw's hearing range.

Max: Ben, I don't want you to put too much stock into what Mr Shaw says. I don't think he has both oars in the water, if you know what I mean.

Ben: why? Just because he saw the Krakken, too?

Shaw kept sailing the boat until he spots some sort of lake police closure.

Shaw: do not enter? What's going on?

Max: looks official. Maybe we should turn back.

Shaw: nonsense. This is my lake, and I'll go wherever I-

???: fishing boat, stop where you are.

A boat next to them that appeared to be some kind marine biology got close.