| c h a p t e r 37 |

I wake up to the soft clanging of dishes and slowly open my eyes, letting the light fill them. I roll over to be greeted by and empty bed. No Tobias.

I quickly get up from the bed and my shirt scrunches up past my underwear. I pay no heed since it's 7:00 in the morning and I went to bed late.

When I walk in, I see him making breakfast on the small stove we have in the kitchen. It smells delicious; the aroma of pancakes and bacon fills the room.

"Morning," I say, wanting to catch his attention.

His head jolts quickly around his shoulder, "Shit!" After seeing me, it returns to the food he's cooking. "You're up, I was hoping to give you breakfast in bed."

"It's fine," I say, shrugging. He didn't need to this for me, although I find the gesture extremely sweet.

"No, it's not," he says, shaking his head and still not looking at me. I yawn as he turns finally.

His arms prop on the counter and I could swear I see his eyes scan my bare legs. Just from his glance, I feel weak. And I want to kiss him. I want to kiss him so badly.

"Could you go back in bed?" he asks. "I'll be right out with breakfast in a few minutes."

"Sure," I say, my voice sounding different. "And thanks for the breakfast, you really didn't have to." I wink at him and turn around, walking away and swaying my hips slightly. I feel his eyes on me as I walk away. The shirt has probably ridden up past my bum, and I take advantage of that.

Before I return to the bed, I throw on a pair of black cotton shorts that end several inches above my knees-- a few inches below my undergarments. I plop down on bed and throw the now-cold covers over my body. I take Tobias's pillow and hold it against my chest, cuddling it. I close my eyes and try to savor the moment of silence. Then, I feel the bed dip to the side and look upward.

Tobias sits on the bed, gazing at me. "Why are you staring at me?" I ask, heat traveling to my face.

"Because you were so cute laying there like that," he chuckles

I look away when I intensely blush, embarrassed as to the effect he has on me.

"Anyway, here's your breakfast," he says, handing me a plate. I take a bite from the pancakes that are providing a sweet cinnamon aroma and it's so mouthwateringly delicious.

"Mmm, Tobias this is so good," I say moaning.

"Glad you like it," he says softly, looking at me with his head cocked slightly to one side. He's examining me.

He scoots slightly closer to me on the bed, his eyes soft and intent. When I look into them, I almost get lost. They're dark blue- a very rare color. When he looks at me, he almost makes me melt. And when he touches me, my heart gets light and my breathing falters.

I lean forward and our lips touch, feather light. They stay stagnant as we savor the moment. I adjust my body to have a better angle and just as I do, his lips start to move against mine. They're so soft and demanding against mine. His arms snake around me and rest on the small of my back, just above my butt.

I moan when his tongue laces my lip, demanding entrance. This closeness almost scares me, but all my body can think is more. I need to explore his body and claim it in any way I can. I want to move forward in this relationship. I want to be able to demolish this fear. But I need his help.

I decide to allow him entrance. I never really thought it out, my mind isn't capable of it right now. All I'm thinking about is how much I want this. I push his against the headboard and sit on his lap, facing him. My lips pull back from his just enough that our lips aren't touching so I can talk and catch my breath. I can't stand to be parted any further.