xxv.+* (!)

waking up that next morning didn't feel quite right; lathered on connie like lotion, you unfold yourself from his firm bear hug, letting out a soft grunt when your back hits the spongey mattress. the rhythmic pattern of his chest rising and falling halted for a only a moment before he stirred, rolling over to his side leaving his bare back for a view.

all the while your fingers rummaged through the ocean of blanket for a phone though each search is left empty handed. throwing your legs off the side of the bed, you stand before abruptly falling over onto an unsuspecting victim.

"ay bro chill." ruga grunted, folding into a fetal position while holding his side. "i am so sorry!" you gasp with sincerity, pushing yourself up and massaging your now throbbing elbow.

"you straight. i needa get up anyways." he mumbles more to himself than you, slowly uncurling you taking in his surroundings. "while i got you here, you seen a purple phone?"

"oh yeah. i think it's in the kitchen somewhere. y'all was goin' crazy on that jus dance." he chuckles as he hoists himself up with a wobbly finish. "and y'all still gon' act like i ain't put belt to ass. but whateva." with a smile you roll your eyes and walk out the room to the kitchen; ruga following behind.

"y'all was both goin' kinda crazy." he continued with a shrug of shoulders"you finna stay here wit' springer?" "prolly." ruga nods as he stretched his arms upward, letting out a beastly yawn in the process. "tell connie i said i'll hit 'em up later. tell jalen i said if he still wanna cop this 3.5 he needa let me know what's the work."

and with that ruga walked out of the house, shutting the door with enough force for you to flinch. on the island counter in the kitchen lay your phone lifeless. the cold tiles send chills up your spine with each step before you retreat to back to connie's room.

"hey." he smiles, eyes just parting to take in your frame. "where you was at?" "oh, it was ruga. he was leavin' and i needed my phone." you explain as you toss the phone onto his bed with a soft plop.

"i'm gon' hop in the shower. you can charge my phone?" "yeah. i'm comin'." he hums as he strips away from the blanket, taking your phone and plugging it up. with soft, black and white checked pajama pants and a yellow spongebob tee in hand, a quick trip to the bathroom is made though connie was still gathering his own things.

"mmh." a moan escapes your lips as you pull your bra over your head, discarding it on the floor with the rest of the clothing. a rough putter of the shower water emanated as you pulled the curtain back and stuck in a palm to check the temperature.

goosebumps rise on your arms and neck from the heat, convincing you to step in entirely. "don't take it all, i want some." connie calls from the other side of the door before bursting in and attacking you with cold air.

"damn shut the door!" you hiss, retreating deeper into the downpour. "my bad my bad! the water hot though, right?" "mmmmhmm!" he pulls the curtain back and reveals a wide smile before stepping in. "what weirdo?" you smile back as you step to the opposite side if the wall, the shower water creating a barrier.

"our first shower together? we needa take pics to remember the moment!" he teases as he makes a fake camera with his hands, closing one eye and positioning himself in various ways. "you look slow connie bye. and you jus wanna see me naked."

"or what if i jus wanna see you?" he retaliated, leaving you speechless. "yeah aight. gimme that bottle please?" you chuckle. rolling his eyes connie tosses you the peachy pink body wash bottle. the cap pops open with a click and you squeeze the thick substance onto your purple wash rag.