Chapter 1: Fighting Flames (Edited)

"Dawson, take this floor, I'm going down to help Mouch clear the basement," Casey calls from across the flame filled room.
"Alright, be careful, Casey," I call back. He takes off down the stairs as I turn down a hallway to my right. I carefully work my way down the hall until I reach the a room. Slamming my fist against the door three times I call out, "Chicago Fire department! Stand back!"
I turn and ram my foot in to the door, knocking the door handle out of the door frame with one solid kick. I turn back around and use my halligan to shove the door open all the way, and step inside, careful of any debris on the floor.
I look through the flames as I step over rubble lying on the floor and call out, "Chicago Fire Department, is anyone in here?"
With no reply and no sign of movement, I move on to the next room. I repeat the same process as before and call through the door, "This is the Chicago Fire Department, stand back from the door."
I turn and kick through the door, and call out again, "Chicago Fire Department is anyone in here?"
Just as I go to turn around I hear a faint moan. I turn back to face the room and look to see if I can find the source, but with so much smoke in the room I can hardly see my hand in front of my face. This room had barely been touched by the flames just yet, but the smoke had gotten too thick.
I pull out my thermal imaging camera and sweep it slowly across the room. When I'm about three quarters of the way across I see a body laying on the ground, motionless. I carefully work my way over any debris on the ground as I head towards the person on the ground, and when I finally reach them I find a woman lying still on the floor.
I kneel down next to her and slowly roll her on to her back to find that she is unconscious, but at least breathing. As I assess her injuries I see several severe looking burns across her chest, right arm, and hand, along with smoke inhalation, but nothing too extensive.
I look back over my shoulder at the doorway just as a beam collapses and flames block my way out. I curse under my breath as I look back down at the woman in front of me. As I think through different ways to get us out, my radio crackles to life with Chief Boden's deep voice, "Everyone, get out of there. The building is about to flashover."
I look back over my shoulder and see the flames rolling along the ceiling of the room and hallway. I hurry over to the door and slam it shut before replying into my radio, "Chief, I've got a woman mid-thirties, severe burns on her right side, and smoke inhalation; and I've got no way out."
"Hold on, Dawson, we'll get you out of there," Boden's voice reassures me as I go back over to the woman. I pick her up under her shoulders and drag her over against the wall to the right of the door. I kick a table over and bring it in front of us to shield us from the blast that I can tell is coming.
I pull my mask off and place it on the woman before laying flat on top of her as I feel the temperature rising even higher. I grab my mike and say hoarsely, "I'll be okay. Don't worry, I'll be okay."
I release the button on my radio as the building gives a low groan and then explodes. I cover the woman's head to protect her from the flames as much as possible as my radio goes off one more time as Casey yells, "Dawson!"
I pass out as I feel the flames burning through the table and my heavy turnout gear...