Chapter 1

"Athena, late as ever." Hades said as if mocking me.

I took hold of his shirt and pulled it towards me.

"Don't ever mess with a pissed woman." I said.

"Enough. Athena, sit down." Zeus said.

"Yes Sir." I said as I let go of Hades and sat down.

"Don't worry Athena, you're just in time. Your next project would be Landon Thomson, his profile already there in front of you." Hermes said.

"Landon Thomson, drug lord. Here in Manila to recruit people. Yada yada yada. Okay. I'm on it."

"But be careful Athena, this is one is said to be very slippery."

"Thanks Hermes. I'll keep that in mind."

"That's all Sir." Hermes told Zeus.

"Ok. Thank you Hermes. Meeting adjourned."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my world, my world as an Adelphos agent.

The two of the best yet rival agencies namely, Cassiopeia and Invictus decided to merge into one agency, Adelphos after the death of Cassiopeia's top agent Agent Dark Orchid and the resignation of Invictus' Agent Phoenix. With changing things like the names like the agent names to greek figures names and the Cassiopeia's rule of not being able to fall in love, Adelphos became the top agency. After Cronus'(formerly known as Agent Falcon) death, only one person now Adelphos. It is Zeus or formerly known as Agent Flax.

And Zeus is my father.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's the matter? You're really pissed awhile ago."

Aphrodite approached me while I was eating lunch at a near by restaurant.

"Just had a rough case last night." I said.

"The Cabreza case?" she asked.

"Yup that one. It was hell. I ran like an athlete in a marathon just to catch him."

"Cases are getting harder these days. But I know you can do it. You are not the top agent of Adelphos for nothing."

"Thanks Aphrodite."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hermes is everything okay already? You sure he's here?" I talked to Hermes on wireless earphone.

"Yes I'm sure. Good luck Athena." he answered.

I went inside the bar and sat on the stool facing the bartender.

"What are you having miss beautiful?" asked the bartender.

"Dry martini."

I looked for Landon Thomson around the bar.

"Kate!"

I heard someone calling behind the loud music. My real name's not even Kate and I have never used Kate as a name in cases but I turned around to see whose calling. I looked behind but I just saw people dancing so I continued searching for Thomson as I took a sip from my martini.

"Are the recruits okay already?"

I heard someone spoke a few meters away from me. It's Thomson.

"Yes Boss. By the way, when are you planning to leave?"

"Tomorrow morning."

"Then, I will fix your flight already as soon as possible."

"Okay. You may leave now."

I was about to approach Thomson when someone pulled my arm.

"Kate, I'm so happy we met again. I tried looking for you but I can't find you. I'm so sorry for everything that happened." the guy suddenly said to me.

He sounds and looks like he's already drunk.

"Sorry. My name is not Kate." I told the guy.

I saw Thomson getting inside the VIP room.

"I'm so sorry Kate. See I changed for you. Please take me back."

"Mr, you're already drunk. Let go of me please. I said I'm not Kate. I don't even know who you are."

I pushed him and followed Thomson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Thomson, you forgot your one way ticket to hell." I said.

"So nice of you to find it." he answered.

He then gestures as if he was about to pull out his gun. I was faster than him so I immediately got my gun and pointed it at him.

"I wouldn't advise that you do that Mr. Thomson."

"Who are you?"

"Is that even relevant to you Mr. Thomson? But I will tell you why I am here tonight. As you know I'm here to kill you. I want this world to be a better place so I'm killing guys like you."

"Too much talk. Just shoot. But I know your weak heart won't able to take it. You girls are too weak for these kinds of things."

"Ouch Mr. Thomson. You're profile didn't say that you are a chauvinist. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You want me to shoot then I'll shoot."

I was about to pull the trigger when the guy from a while ago held my arm again.

"Kate please."

"I'm in the middle of something. Please I'm not Kate."

Suddenly, Thomson pulled out his gun and shot me. Good thing the bullet just hit my leg. He then runs out the back door, Damn it! Even with the wounded leg, I ran after him but the guy followed me again. This guy is getting on my nerves already.

"Hermes, can you hear me?" I said to Hermes.

"Loud and clear."

"Thomson is getting away. I'm chasing him right now."

"Are you okay?"

"Just got shot but I'm fine. Don't mind me. Just send someone to help. We can't let him get away."

I was about to shot him again when the guy interrupted again stopping me to run.

"Slow down." he said.

"What is your freaking problem? I'm not Kate."

Because of my frustration, I pushed him and he fell on the ground. Pontus then appears.

"Athena, let's go." he said.

"How about Thomson?"

"Chronos is already following him. You're wounded let's go."

"Please Kate." the guy again speaks.

"For the love of.. Mister, for the nth time. I'm not Kate." I told him.

"Who's this?" Pontus asked.

"I don't know. He kept calling me Kate. He even followed me here. I wasn't able to kill and catch Thomson because of him. Just get him inside. I'll just go to Apollo myself."

"You sure? I can go with you if you want."

"I'm sure."