Chapter 15

After having a sleepless night, Laura had asked Heather if she could take her to town and get some more clothes etc. But what they didn't anticipate, was that there would be another surprise guest when they got back.

When they got back to the house, Laura saw Travis with a shot gun in hand and she quickly walked over to him.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, making the man look at her.

"It seems like we have another naked guest" He said, confusing the woman greatly but she froze when she smelt a familiar scent. She felt her heart beat faster, but the confused look on her face never left.

"Don't worry, I can go check it out" And without waiting for an answer, Laura was already walking to the barn. As she got closer, the scent grew stronger. The last time she smelt a familiar scent, she was knocked out cold and ended up waking up in a lab.

Bringing out her claws, the woman walked in quietly and continued sniffing the air. The scent stopped in the same place she was found the day before, and when she looked in she just about nearly collapsed.

"Logan?" She choked out. Said man nearly snapped his neck when he heard her voice. Tears appeared in their eyes, as the two just stared at each other.

"Kitten?" He whispered, his voice breaking at the end. Laura opened the door, not really caring that he was naked and knelt to his level. Logan looked at her, not believing that she was right in front of him.

"You're....you're--but i thought....you're not dead?" He stuttered out, as he cupped her face in his hands. Laura frowned at what he said, but could feel herself melting by his touch.

"No, Logan. I'm not dead. Who told you that?" She asked, as she combed her fingers through his hair.

"I saw your body in the woods, covered in blood. You...you were dead" Logan cried, and the two quickly leapt into each others arms. Laura's arms were wrapped tightly around his midsection, his arms wrapped around her back and head.

"I'm here, baby. I'm right here" She cooed, both of them not letting go of each other. But eventually the two pulled away, when they heard Travis walk in.

"Is everything alright over there?" He asked, and frowned seeing Laura hugging the naked man.

"Uh, yeah, we're fine. We'll meet you at the house" Laura said, giving the older man a reassuring smile. When Travis left, Laura looked back to her husband and ran her fingers over his face.

"What happened to you, Laur? What did he do to you?" Logan asked softly, as he looked into her now blue eyes. Laura let out a sigh, and smiled at him sadly, although it came off more as a wince.

"Why don't we get you showered, dressed and fed huh? Then we can talk, okay?" She said, gaining a nod in response.

As she got up to find him something to cover, Logan who was now standing up, pulled her back and brought his lips to hers.

Laura moved her hands into his hair, while his rested on her hips. The kiss was rough and needy, but neither of them cared.

The woman pulled his hair tightly, gaining a growl from her husband and for him to squeeze her hips roughly. Laura noticed that the kiss was getting heated, so she reluctantly pulled away and rested her head on his.

"As much as i want this to go further, i don't think Heather and Travis would appreciate us having sex in their barn" She giggled, making Logan let out a chuckle. Seeing Logan's smile warmed her heart, and it made her forget the horrors that happened the day before.

Once Laura lead Logan into the house, the man showered and got dressed so he was no longer naked. Much to Laura's dismay. The four of them had dinner, and the Howlett woman told them that the man who had been naked in their barn, was in fact her husband.

Once dinner was over, Logan was put in the barn to sleep in. Laura didn't want to be away from him, so she joined him in the barn. When they were finally alone, neither of them really knew what to say. Both of them having hundreds of questions.

"What happened out on that road?" Logan spoke up, making her grow tense at the memory.

"Well, i was on my way to town when i saw a man standing in the middle of the road. At first i didn't notice who it was, until he walked closer and i could smell his scent" Laura started to explain, and she could see Logan's eyes darken in anger.

"When i saw it was Victor, i was confused. I got out of the car and went to speak to him, but next thing i know i feel something prick my neck and then everything went dark. After what felt like hours, i finally woke up. But i wasn't outside anymore, i was in what seemed to be a lab of some kind. Then it got worse when i saw Stryker" She said, growling towards the end. Logan gently grabbed her hand, giving it a squeeze.

"I found myself strapped to a table, and i was hovering over a tank of water. I remember Stryker's last words to me before the experiment happened. He said: "We're going to make you indestructible, but first, we're going to have to destroy you". And he did exactly that. He destroyed me" Tears started to run down her face, as the memories of the experiment flashed through her mind.

Logan watched his wife cry, his anger at boiling point by now. He was furious. They tranquilised her, made him think she was dead, kidnapped her and experimented on her. He wanted nothing more than to have Stryker's head on a pike for what he did to her. To him.

"He did the same to me. The only reason why i volunteered, was because i thought you were dead. If i would've known, i wo-" He started to say, but Laura shushed him. Her hands cupping his face, and stared into his hazel eyes.

"Logan, i understand. I would've done the same thing, if they told me you were dead. And we'll make sure to get Stryker back, all i due time. But right now, i want you to hold me" She spoke softly, giving him a tender kiss.

Logan smiled at her lovingly, and pulled her down to lay on his chest. Their arms were tightly wrapped wound each other, both afraid that the other will suddenly disappear. Not long after, the couple were finally able to go to sleep, without any nightmares.