Four

Sandara Park

Fluttering my eyes open, I was greeted by the rays of the sun that leaked from the window. I stood up groggily and limped my way to the bathroom, Who is she? I asked myself as I stared at the mirror, Her eyes so red and puffy. I washed my face and took a quick shower. I'm not going to school today, I still have to take care of oppa and find the money for Our parent's funeral. After changing clothes, I grabbed a medium sized backpack and rummaged through Oppa's clothes putting the needed ones it in the bag and then I ate a light breakfast before leaving.

I used my bike to go to the hospital, upon arriving I locked it in one of the posts. Good thing yesterday nobody took advantage of my only transportation that I don't need to spend money for, when I left it outside lying on the floor of the hospital's entrance. As soon as I was in, some nurses and doctors greeted me a good morning.

I could not bring myself to smile, all I could do was nod in response, "Ms. Park?" I snapped out of my trance and turned to see Dr. Choi from yesterday. "Is he awake?" Was my immediate answer. "Yes he is, and you can see him now," he motioned for me to open the door, and I did slowly. I saw oppa, sitting on his bed and staring at thin air. "Oppa?" I asked, his eyes then darted on me. The moment I saw his bruised and scratched face, I wan't to cry. But I promised myself that I won't. I have to be strong,

"D-dara!!" He shouted attempting to stand but I beat him to it. I am now standing beside him giving him the warmest hug I could muster. "D-dara, I'm S-orry It was an accident. If only- If only I took a different route They--" I ushered him to be quiet and he burried his face on my chest crying himself out. "Oppa..." I said raking my hands on his hair, "Stop crying. We have to be strong" he stopped crying and pulled away from me. I knew it would calm him down cause that's what Mom and Dad would say,

"CHEER UP! YOU SHOULD GET BETTER YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE APPA OR UMMA HAUNTING YOU RIGHT?!" I raised my voice Trying to lighten the mood, which did. He smiled and laughed lightly,

Soon the Laughter died down,

"Now, About Umma and Appa's funeral...."

----------

Oppa said that Father's bank account still has a small amount of money that should be for Oppa's last semester College tuition fee. He insisted me to use it since he is going to stop college for a while because of his condition. I also asked him If I could cash out my College funds that father also saved, but he said that I am going to finish my college in time I had no other choice but to follow him.

As for His bills, He said I could sell the car but I know it's not enough. Oppa's bills (includes our Parent's bills also) as for now is almost 10,000 dollars that doesn't even include the upcoming surgeries, and as for that old junk I think the maximmum amount of money I could recieve is 2,300 dollars.

So I planned to find a part time jobs, you heard it right. Jobs. I want to find one for the weekdays that has the shifts from 5 onwards so that It won't have a conflict on my studies and one for the weekends, an 8 hour shift if possible.

"Cashing out 2,725 dollars." Says the teller. It is not enough for a funeral so I decided to spend it for the crimation and the small shrine for them at Home. I pocketed the money and contacted brother and inform him about crimating our Parents.

I went home first to take a small rest, to my surprise I saw Bom, Minzy and Chaerin standing at our porch. "DALONG!!" Bom screamed as soon as she saw me and huhhed me tight, "We came here because you were absent...why?" Minzy asked, Bom pulled away and raised a brow at my expression. "I-i.....Sanghyun....Our Parents. ..." I sobbed and hung my head low, "C'mon let's talk about this inside." Chaerin said patting my back.

----------

".....so your brother is crippled and your parents died?"

I nodded taking a sip from my chocolate drink that Bom made.

"......you're completely broke?"

".....and you need a job for the expenses?"

I nodded again, I stopped crying a while ago and I already told them the story, but they keep asking the same question all over again though they already now the answer. 'Just to make sure." Chaerin said earlier when I snapped at them.

"I got it!" Bom said as she stood up with her hands pressing on the table, scooting her chair backwards. "What did you get??" Chaerin asked visibly annoyed, that woman has been silent since she placed the mugs on the table, and she goes on shouting on her seat out of nowhere.

"You said that Dara needs a job right?" All of us nodded, "...you see...I work at a club--"

"WHAT?!" The three of us said in unison, poor Minzy she even choked on her drink.

"Will shut yer' trap?! I am no hooker! I'm a cook there with Umma!" Bom fired back, and the three of us gave out a relieved sigh. "...I'm getting your point..." chae said rubbing her chin. "As I was saying.....Dara, do you know how to cook?" Bom turned to me. "Well, my specialty in cooking is bacons and eggs." I said proudly helding my chin up high. Bom face palmed.

"If cooking is not her thing, being a waitress will do.." Minzy suggested, My eyes immedietly sparkled. Being a waitress was my Dream Job next to be and Architect. I turned to Bom with my eyes all sparkly while nodding vigorously, while she just grimaced. "You know, being a waitress in a night club is dangerous right?" She remarked. She's right, but I badly need money. I gave her my oh so famous puppy eyes that no living thing has ever resisted.

She puffed her cheeks and turned away, "The pay is 250 dollars per night And some costumers give big tips....JUST MAKE SURE YOU NEVER BE ABSENT AT SCHOOL OKAY?!" she said in defeat, I fist pumped the air for my victory.

----------author's note----------

Can you smell something coming?

3;-) mehehehez Vote and comment neh?

ow Excuse the expensive bills, I want to use korean won but I don't know how much it is worth so I used dollars....again VOTE AND COMMENT! Can you advertise this story too? Pretty please T.T with cherry on top of bom? 3;-) mehehehez

Sorry if there are grammar/spelling mistakes.