Chapter Sixty-Seven

Bucky walked into your room. He immediately rolled his eyes at the mess.

You had officially moved into the compound a week ago, but there were still boxes everywhere. Some were on their sides, spilling their contents out across your floor. You weren't in there, despite Bucky telling you hours ago to go and clean your room.

He left your room again to go and look for you. He went first to the kitchen. He didn't find you, but it wasn't empty.

"Hey Buck" Natasha smiled at him.

"You alright?" Steve asked as he noted Bucky's annoyed expression.

"Where's y/n?"

"I don't know. Why? She in trouble?" Nat wandered.

"Yeah, the little shit didn't clean her room. I've been asking her to do it all week and she still hasn't unpacked."

"You should check the living room" Steve suggested. "She might be on the Xbox."

"What?"

"The Xbox."

"Since when do we have an Xbox?"

"Tony bought it this morning" Nat explained. "Set it up after lunch. Maybe y/n's playing on it."

"She better not be..." Bucky headed for the door. He stopped before walking through and looked back. "Oh, Steve, before I forget, did you help pack up my room back at the apartment?"

"Yeah, some of it."

"Did you pack up anything from my desk?"

"No, the others did that. Why, you looking for something?"

"Yeah. I think I'm missing a couple boxes."

"Maybe they're in y/n's room. The ones she hasn't unpacked."

"Mhm. Thanks Steve. See you guys later."

Bucky carried on looking for you. Steve was right: you were in the living room and you were playing on the Xbox.

"No, no, no, no..."

"Yes... yes... yes... YES!"

"FUCK!"

"Aha losers! You all suck!" You jumped up to stand on the couch, yet to notice Bucky standing behind you. "I win again! I am superior! You can all eat my-"

"Y/n!"

"Bucky!" You quickly spun around to face him, so quickly that you almost fell backwards off the couch.

"What the hell are you doing?" 

"Uh, winning." 

"Get down, now."

You rolled your eyes and stepped off the couch. You sat down, so Bucky walked around it to stand in front of you. "You are supposed to be cleaning your room."

"Okay, but I didn't want to do that. So I'm doing this instead." 

"I don't give a shit about whether you wanted to do it or not. Go clean your fucking room!"

"But-"

"No. No buts. Go."

"I dont-"

"You have three seconds before I drag you there myself."

"Ugh!" You huffed and stormed off. Bucky turned to Tony, Clint and Sam sat on the couch.

"Mario kart? Really?"

"Yeah. You wanna play?" Tony offered him the controller that you'd been using.

"Of course I wanna play." He took it and sat down. "I'm gonna beat your ass."