𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚖 𝚂𝚝.

================================

Day 18/2
7:²³pm

"Get out of my sight . . . I don't want to see your lying face
again!" with his brother driven with rage, Kaeya stumbled out of the mansion with a single bag in his hand acting as his luggage.

He landed on his knees and hands, the wetness of the damp  ground in front of the mansion.  The night offered no mercy  with the sky pouring heavily and leaving him cold in a puddle of mud, and limp, mushy, grass. For a moment everything went still, he felt his body tremble and it was not from the cold; hands curled into fistfuls of icky mud, crystal like tears shimmered at the corner of his eyes, and a cruel reality sunk deep into his skin.

        All had been said, done, and lost. He was now officially alone, beaten to a pulp ,and filled with a void that left his thoughts scattered . Pulling himself up, he began descending down the hill and watched with a empty gaze as the butlers waited for him at the gate. Elzer bowed despite his young master's disheveled state, before handing him an umbrella. "Please find a place to stay young master," Kaeya ignored the man's sincere words, kept his head down in shame, and simply walked out of the gates with his eyes dull of life.

Sadness, rage, disgust. . . He could really use a drink. Death Afternoon preferably. Where was he gonna go from here? Where was he walking to? Legs moving on there own, he contiuned, dispite the pain of the burns and bruises settling in. Which way was the bar again? He tried to look up, but his right eye stung in a mind twisting anguish. His hand subconsciously reached out to his right eye in pain, before pulling it away. . . Blood, so much of it. Too much. The bright, red, liquid had stained his hand and slipped through his fingers as the rain washed it away. Panic. Pure panic overwhelmed him. The world seemed to spin. He could hear nothing and yet everything.; the flickering of neoj signs and lampposts; the splatter of each raindrop that met solid earth; the blurred conversation of a woman talking to someone in a phone booth; and the rapid pulsing of his heart . . .  It was over whelming.

        Reaching out for anything, anyone to hold him in place he could not find his voice to call for help or even cry in anguish. The pain was too much . The agony was too much . . . and then he heard it, the ear splitting honking of a car. He could see the front light glaring at him as the vehicel driving right at him. His ears began to ring in alarm. Run! Move! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE! The bright light got nearer and nearer, and soon he was blinded by its sharp rays. Vision turning white, his body gave in to the beatings it had previously endured, making him collapse altogether.

All became still once again. The car did not even have to touch him, for he was already broken. He could hear the blurred feminine voices of two women arguing amongst each other, but he could not move, he was too tired. He prayed to tell them. To tell them how much he hated his existence, to leave him there and let him die slowly. It was not like the pain bothered him anymore, everything was just getting colder and colder, until his eyes could no longer stay open and fatigue took over, sweeping him into a lullaby he hoped not to wake up from ever again. . .

♦♢♦♢♦♢

Time 7:³⁰pm

"Is he dead?" Janet nudged the young man's side with her heel, before looking over at her driver. "I told you to slow the fuck down!"

I simply sighed and ended the call with the hospital, before walking over to what I could only assume was a corpse by now. His body was bruised, a burn at his hip, and a hand covering his bleeding eye. There were no stains at the car, so it was safe to say he perhaps was dead from his previous injuries. " We didn't hit him . . ." I spoke my thoughts out loud, causing Janet to halt her scolding at her trembling driver, before glancing at me with an arched eyebrow.

"You're playing Sherlock Holems again?" despite her sarcasm she kneeled beside me and stared with a disturbed expression at the potentially dead body before us. "So he acting or . . . dead?"

"Not sure . . ." I warily brushed the man's hair away from his face and placed my finger an inch away from his nose," . . . He is breathing, but only faintly."

"Such a shame his face isn't half bad," Janet sighed in grief, before smiling." That shade of red suits him though."

I could only turn to her with an unamused expression, before flicking her forehead, and scolding her, "If anyone else heard you, they would mistake you for an actual criminal!"

She only rolled her eyes as I stood up and when straight for the car's trunk to find a first aid kit. It was only when I pulled it out did, I realize how my fingers were trembling and smeared with the stranger's blood . My mouth felt dehydrated, but I had to act fast. Slamming the car's trunk shut, I hurried back pulling out what bandages I could find, despite knowing they wouldn't do much. What was I doing anyway? I swallowed again, only to earn a slam across the face from Janet, "Pull your shit together! The ambulance are here the sirens are near!"

I could only collapse as I clumsily finished bandaging the guy's eye. There was too much blood, and my thoughts were getting jumbled as the driver sat next to me to help with carrying the guy to the side of the street. "Miss Janet, I'll move the car out of the road and come back, okay?!" he did not even wait for me to reply and was on his way to the car.

The thought of him bailing was the first thing that hit my mind, but I had other things to worry about. Hold it in . . . Don't fall apart yet . . . "Sir please wake up . . ." I mumbled as I checked his breathing once again.

The cold night wind blew with the street's streetlamps acting as my only source of light. The smell of blood and salty tears made my guts twist uncomfortably. At some point Janet had squeezed my hands and said a bunch of gibberish I could not understand. This day was truly a nightmare. Why was I so scared? I did not hit him . . . I did not do anything. Thinking did not help, in fact it made me feel a whole lot worse. Sirens were all I could hear. Bright red lights were all I could see. . .

. . .And then for a moment . . . And just for a moment . . .
His tearful eyes opened, and I saw the whole night's sky in them.