Chapter #4| Reason

S E B

One week later ...

I drank my last cup of coffee, it's already been a week since I've kicked out Edward. Have I done the right thing? I love my brother but it kills me knowing he's slowly killing himself. Took a whole day to clean out his room, I made sure to pack another bag of his clothes for him to pick up. I then found more drugs in the bathroom and a large box of cash in his bedroom, I was pissed.

He arrived a few days ago to get his bag, I felt guilty knowing I've kicked out my older brother. He needed to understand it's for the best, Edward needed a reality check and he continue acting this way then he'll get himself killed. I sighed and laid on the couch, I needed to keep my mind off of things. I made sure the apartment is clean for Trent's arrival, he'll be living with me for now on. I check the time then went to get my wallet and keys, today he'll be released from hospital. I blame myself for introducing Asher to Trent, I hadn't realise what kind of man Asher was and it's because of me Trent suffered throughout these years.

"It's about time you got here" said Trent. I chuckled.

"Sorry, you ready to go?" I asked him. He nods as he slowly stand, I helped him to the wheelchair as he said his goodbyes.

"How's life?" he asked

"Boring as ever" I replied. He chuckled. How can he smile after all of this, I admire his strength and knowing he won't let Asher effect him.

"Something bothering you?" he asked. I decided to ignore his question, I helped him in the car as the drive home took longer than I expected. Once we arrived at my apartment I helped Trent inside.

"You'll be living with me" I told him

"Listen Seb, I appreciate your help but it's time for me to live on my own. I've already have an apartment ready for me to move into, just made a few calls in the hospital so I'm already set" he said

"Oh okay, just worried that's all" I replied. He smiled.

"Quinn the landlord gave me a reasonable price so I couldn't resist. I'll be looking for work anyway" he said

"Trent you just got out of hospital add least wait for a week" I said

"I rested enough Seb, rent ain't gonna pay itself" he said. I hurt that Trent didn't want to rely on me but it's understandable, I'm happy he didn't ask about Edward but I guess it's best he doesn't know.

"Well lets go check out your new apartment" I said. Once we arrived at his apartment, it didn't looked fancy but it's decent.

"Hey Quinn my name is Trent, I called couple days ago about my release from hospital" said Trent

"Oh, here's your key and I expect rent paid on time" Quinn replied. I convinced Trent to allow me pay for his furniture, I couldn't buy much but I bought a gas stove, mini fridge, TV, food and a double bed. It was enough for Trent to rely on until he starts working and soon buys the rest of his stuff.

"Thanks I'll pay you back" he said. I sighed.

"I don't want your money Trent, I'm doing this because I want to" I replied

"Alright I won't say no more, you should go home and rest, looks like you need it" he said. I gave him a quick hug then drive home, everyone is moving one except me but what's keeping me?

L E O N

"I'm sick and tired of your bullsh*t Lee, you won't see your daughter ever again" yelled Emily. I sighed, she complains about nonsense, I looked over to my beautiful baby girl, she's my world.

"Daddy!" she squealed. I smiled.

"Alley come here" Emily hissed

"Don't talk to her like that" I growled. After I found Emily screwing another man in my apartment, it was the last straw, I had enough with her crap. She doesn't respect our daughter.

"I'll take her away and you won't see her ever again" she threaten. I laughed.

"Just because we're divorced doesn't mean you can threaten me, considering how you treat your daughter and screwing random men while I work my ass off will allow me to get custody of our my daughter" I replied

"You wouldn't dare" she said

"I would actually, the reason why I was with you is because of Alley and now I realise she needs more than a mother who is a sl*t" I replied. Emily says no more as she storms out of the apartment, I held my baby girl in my arms, she doesn't deserve this and seeing how her mother is I don't want her to believe it's okay to do that. I let my mind wonder, I remember his touch, I remember his moans, my baby boy and now I'm here while he's back at our home town.

I realise too late that my choice was a mistake, I wanted Alley to have both of her parents but we can barely stand each other. I miss him so much, I'm planning to leave this hell with Alley. Once I filed custody over Alley, we'll leave together and start a new life without Emily in the picture.