Part 1

Mark was never one to speak much. He didn't have many friends. Most of the time, he sat alone...just thinking. Thinking about his life and his problems. Currently, he doesn't have enough money for his college tuition. The due date is in a month, and he barely has half of the total cost.

Today, Mark decided to find a job. It was no doubt that he was scared. The last time he initiated a conversation with someone was over 2 months ago.

Mark decided that he would even apply to 5 jobs if he had to. Mark was desperate for some cash. His first stop was Hollister. Mark walked in and scanned the shop.

"Hi! Welcome to Hollister," a teenage girl said happily. Mark only nodded in response.

He trudged his way up to the cashiers. His heart was pounding. Words couldn't explain his fear. Mark stepped up to the counter.

"E-excuse me," he stuttured.

"Hi, sir! How can I help you today?"

"A-are you g-guys h-hiring?"

"No, I'm sorry. All positions are filled right now!"

"Th-thanks..."

Mark walked out nonchalantly as if nothing ever happened. He was more caught up over the fact that he spoke to someone, than the fact that he just got denied a position.

2 hours and 4 stores later, it turned out that nobody was hiring. Mark let out a big sigh as he walked back to his college campus.

When he arrived, he saw a large crowd circling a table. Mark decided to check what all the fuss was about. Although he made it to the crowd, he decided to stay on the outside. He couldn't see what they were looking at.

"Everyone! I have an important announcement! I'm going to be conducting an experiment! What about, you ask? It's a love experiment! It's a 4-day experiment that will determine how people fall in love. I need one person who can be my lover for a week! Any takers?" The voice belonged to young man with a slight asian accent.

A bunch of girls began to scream saying that they wanted to volunteer as his temporary girlfriend.

"Oops, I forgot to mention one thing! It needs to be a boy!" All the girls immediately became quiet and a few began to walk away. "Sorry, ladies, I'm not interested in girls. C'mon, boys! Any takers?!"

At this point, Mark began to walk away thinking that the experiment was some silly joke.

"Oh, yeah! I keep forgetting to mention things! I'll be paying you $5000 just to participate!"

Mark immediately stopped in his tracks and turned around. He walked back to the crowd. Without ANY hesitation, Mark immediately shouted, "I'LL DO IT!"