Chapter 9: Shut Up and Dance

(A/N: Sorry this chapter's been so late. Between not having time and not having a clear direction for this part, I've been having a hard time putting something together.

Song mentioned is linked at the top.)

Finally, the big day is here: Homecoming. Everyone's decked out in their Granite Hills gear and colors of teal and white everywhere. The gym is all ready for the dance and all the girls are showing off pictures of the dresses they bought for it. Homecoming's a big deal here, but back home in New York we had a parade around town. Don't know why, go big or go home I guess.

But now that the school day is over I'm at Steven's house, where I get to spend tonight after the game and dance. Steven's parents are in San Francisco for the weekend, he doesn't want to be home alone with Scarlett the entire time, and both of our parents agreed to it. We're meeting our friends and their dates at a sushi place where Smarty and his parents eat all the time. In the end I chose not to follow Cielo and Ryan to dinner, deciding that since they're with her friends she'll be alright. And maybe he won't try something on her.

"Game!" the loud Smash announcer boomed from the TV in Steven's room. Once again, for the fourth match in a row, I claimed victory without question. I threw my arms in the air and Steven pouted at his loss.

"Ugh, again?" he whined, staring at me with his huge green eyes.

"I'm sorry." I wrapped my arms around him and nuzzled his cheek. "Do you forgive me?"

He turned to me and smiled, pecking my nose with a kiss. "Yeah."

"Yeah, what?" I teased.

He kissed me again, this time a little more roughly. "Yes, I forgive you. Now can we start another match so you can win again?"

I nodded. "Yep, I've just been waiting to hear you say it." I took my arm back and grabbed the controller with both hands. He surprised me, he ended up winning this next match, no contest. Now it was my turn to stand in the loser's circle, with Steven playfully poking my arm.

"Chilly Willy!" he squealed, excited over his win. "Hey, Chilly Willy, look!" He was having fun teasing me with his new found sense of victory.

"Congrats, Steven," I folded, wrapping my arm around him. "The Great Chilled Chaos was finally overthrown." (A/N: Finally used his real channel name, woo!)

"Yeah he was," Steven smirked, placing a hand on my chest and kissing my cheek. I laid back on his bed which we were sitting on and rolled on my side, closing my eyes for a bit. He glanced over at the alarm clock beside his bed and shook me to get my attention. "Hey Anthony, it's almost 4:30. We should start getting ready to meet the guys for dinner."

"Mhm," I nodded, sitting up. "What time did we agree on again?"

"5:30. C'mon, it won't take too long to get ready." I stood up off the bed and grabbed one of my plaid shirts from my bag. I turned around to see Steven standing and picking through his closet, wearing just his jeans. I gripped my shirt and stood there, smiling and admiring how nice he looked. This is the first time I've ever seen him like this and, to be honest, I think it's something I could get used to.

He turned around and I picked up my composure. Okay Anthony, don't let your boyfriend know you were watching him like a madman. "Oh hey," he smirked, striking a pose against the door frame. "I almost didn't see you there. How are you doing?"

"I, um." My mouth gaped open trying to come up with an answer. "I'm fine."

"Well, if you are, I can't figure out what I want to wear and I need your help picking something out."