Chapter 33 ~ Insomniac

Start from the beginning

   Oh, COME ON. I can get rights if I wanted to.

   My vision clearing, I noticed my hands were in fists, pain stinging all over. The little boy was running frantically for his life, the kunai in hand. Tears stung at my eyes. Why do we have to be hated?

* * *

   "Come on, Suzume," Gaara called. "Go to sleep."  I was on the roof, gazing out into the starry desert sky. Suna is so bland. Sand, sand, and more sand.

   I can't... I haven't slept in days.

   For a second, I swear, the whole village was silent. I see... in that case, don't sleep. You can stay up here. He sat down next to me. "Kankuro and Temari are already sleeping." He said.

   "Yeah, I kind of figured...." I trailed off, distracted my a tiny glint of light that was on the roof a few buildings away. It wasn't a star, I'm sure of it. Was it a scope? I sent chakra to my eyes, and found out it was, indeed, a scope. I recognized the face of Yura, a new member of the council. He was SPYING on us, for Father!.

   I made a hand sign. "Oh, you little-" I muttered, infusing my green chakra into the air around him.

   Gaara poked my arm. "What are you doing?" He questioned.

   A spy. For Father.

   Oh. I see... just don't attract the attention of the villagers. They'll get us in trouble.

   With a smirk, I made the wind around Yura swirl faster and faster, until he was trapped in a silent column of air. I felt something push against the wall, so I allowed the air to dissipate into the sky, and before I knew it, Yura used a transportation jutsu to get away.

   You lost him!

   I had no intention of killing him.

   Gaara sighed, and leaned back against the roof. I did the same.

   "I really wish I could go to sleep," I said to my brother. "It's kind of boring, being up here all the time."

   He smirked. "It's a whole lot more boring being here alone- at least I have someone else up here." To my surprise, his face quickly turned serious. "But don't sleep. It may be fatal.

   Though it hurt to hear that, I had to accept it. But why did all of this happen to you so early? Why was I delayed so long?

   It goes back to before we were born. Father knew of the Twin Demon Theory, and decided to only have a single weapon for the village's use. So when I was born first, a seal was placed on you to prevent the Shukaku from awakening. He believed two demons would be too much to handle.

   Heh. That old Kazekage has a lot to learn.

   Oh, shut it already!

   Well,  the seal gradually weakened over time, and the demon-

   Ahem. SHUKAKU.

   Ack. SHUKAKU was released, yet caught by the second seal. You see, As I only have one seal, you have two. The original seal that was placed, binding our chakra and demons together, and the second one, that allowed you to lead a normal childhood, and sleep.\

   Wait...

   What?

   How did you hear Shukaku?

   It all goes back to the seal. we are bound by  a single seal, so, even though it gave you your wind and me my sand, it's one demon. It's only represented as two entities to make it easier to understand. So I have heard every single conversation you've ever had with it. And pretty soon, you'll hear mine.

   Idiots...

   Didn't I tell you to go away?

   Gaara's eyes sparked with amusement.

   Every conversation that leads to bickering...

* * *

   The four of us sat on the couch, Baki Sensei standing up in front of us. I had spent the whole night talking to Gaara, and being with my brother definitely is better than being bored to death in my room.

   "Today, we are going on an A- Ranked mission," Sensei said. Kankuro smirked, as usual, and Temari looked at Kankuro. When it comes to missions, and we have to split, she's usually with Kankuro, and I'm with Gaara. " We will need to split into 2 man groups. But we are trying something different. Temari, You'll go with Gaara, and Suzume, you're going with Kankuro."

   My eyes widened. What? A mission with KANKURO?

* * *

Hope you liked it! :D

   ~the doodle addict~