THIRTEEN

31st July 2022
——

Lilah had been looking forward to this day for a while.

Even though she can't go to Wembley and watch it, she was looking forward to watching the women's euro final on tv.

She loved watching women's football as it showed change in society which she thought was needed.

It was also very inspirational for young girls in the world and she wished it was around and popular when she was younger.

She was lying in bed when her phone screen brightens up as a notification appears.

iMessage
{Declan🖤 and Lilac💜}

Declan🖤
Hey, what are doing?x

Lilac💜
Hiya, nothing just waiting to watch the women's final x

Declan🖤
Perfect.

Lilac💜
Why? What's up x

Declan🖤
I have a surprise for you x

Lilac💜
Ooooh, what is it??x

Declan🖤
If I told you that wouldn't be a surprise would it?x

Lilac💜
I guess not but I want to know x

Declan🖤
You'll find out if you open your front door x

Lilac💜
Huh? x

Declan🖤
Open your door and you'll find out what the surprise is x

Lilac💜
Why tho?x

Declan🖤
Because I'm at your door with the surprise x

Lilac💜
Ohhhh, ok x

Lilac💜
Cominggggg x

She jumps out of bed and runs downstairs to open the door for him.

She was very excited to see him even if they were always with each other.

When she opened the door, Dec was standing there with a bunch of flowers and a smile on his face when she appears.

"Hey Lilac." She rolls her eyes and lets him the house but she can't hold her excitement about the surprise any longer.

"Whats the surprise?"

"Here." He chuckles gave her the flowers as they sit on the sofa.

"Thank you so much." She leans over to him and kisses him before taking the flowers off him.

"Now, your surprise." He says when she returns from putting the flowers in a vase in the kitchen.

"Oooh, yay." She jumps on the the sofa as he chuckles and stares at her.

"Come on." She drags out her last word as she taps Decs arm multiple times to annoy him so he spits it out and tells her.

"You know how you love woman's football?" She nods her head and gestures for him to continue. "And you know how its the euro final for them today?"

"Yes! Hurry up and tell me."

"Fine, fine." He takes a break which feels like an hour to Lilah until her finally tells her. "I'm taking you to Wembley to watch it."

"Oh my god. Are you being serious? Do not joke about this." She starts to get excited but she doesn't want to get too excited.

"I'm not joking." He pulls the tickets out of his pocket and shows her as proof.

"Oh my fuck!ng god." She jumps up and down and screams as she can't believe her dream is coming true. "Thank you dec."

"I guess your excited then?" He says before she jumps on his lap and presses her lips against his.

"Oh gosh, I need to get ready." He chuckles as she jumps off his lap and runs upstairs to get ready when her sister Emily walks in.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know you love her, you wouldn't do this for someone you just like." Dec chuckles as he realises that his best friend is right.

He has fallen for her.

—————

Dec and Lilah were at the game and Lilah had the biggest smile on her face.

She couldn't believe she was actually at the women's euros final.

It was the 109th minute after the game had to go into extra time as it was stuck at a draw at full time.

Ella Toone had scored in the 62nd but they craved another goal. They needed it to win.

A minute later, Chloe Kelly kicked the ball into the back of the neck resulting in the stadium cheering.

Everyone was cheering and happy that England had scored again but not they needed to work hard to keep it that way.

Kelly was so excited that she took her top off and swung it around her head in excitement which of course leads to her getting a yellow card.

10 minutes later it was 120+3 minutes and the score was still 2-1 to England.

Everyone was anxiously waiting for the whistle which was about to blew and when it did the entire stadium cheered in excitement.

Lilah looked at Dec and swung her arms around him thanking him profusely for giving her the opportunity to watch history being made.

"Thank you so much." She kissed before celebrating some more.

After awhile of waiting, fans had went home but Declan and Lilah were still there.

It was now just family, friends and media who were still on the pitch.

"Come on." Dec dragged her onto the pitch which made Lilah confused on what was happening.

"Where are we going?" She laughs softly whilst admiring the view of an empty stadium.

"To meet them." As they reach the players Leah Williamson turns around and throws her arms around Lilah.

"So your the beauty Dec was messaging me about." Lilah was dying in the arms of someone who she wished to be as brave as.

"Congratulations on winning you girls were amazing." She didn't really know what to say and the girls could tells so they just laughed before someone taps Lilahs shoulder making all the girls smirk.

She turns around and sees Dec smiling whilst all the girls move out the way.

"Lilac, I have loved our journey so far and I can't wait to continue it but we need a change." He holds her hands and turns her around again to face the England team who are all holding pieces of paper.

They all reveal what's on their piece one by one until it spells out a sentence which Lilah accompanies with saying the word once it appears.

"Will...you...be...mi-?" She cuts herself off once she realises what Dec is doing.

"So what do you say?" She looks at Dec and laughs.

"I say...of course." She laughs and jumps on Dec wrapping her legs around his waist as he supports her by putting his arms under her arse.

He kisses her which the England team coincide by cheering.

All Dec could think about was that Lilah was finally his.

He couldn't be more happier.