Chapter 36: I'll Give Such A Valuable Treasure To Nobody

The time is getting closer to the evening. Raquelle and Terrence are at Frederick's home. His unexpected but always welcomed visitors and he are now sitting in the living room, drinking coffee and talking about the report about Michael, which he has seen many times, as well.

"That's good Michael has been put in prison," Frederick says, holding a cup of coffee and sitting in front of Terrence and Raquelle. "He must've gotten the most severe punishment a long time ago."

"I'm sure it would happen," Raquelle replies confidently, folding her hands in front of herself. "There is good proof of the fault of that man. And we got a good lawyer that would be able to make the judge sure to be by our side."

"That's good if it's true."

"Of course, we'd like someone to represent us on the trial. But sadly, it happened that we'd have to testify personally."

"And I promise to do my best to come and support you. Just tell me the date of the first hearing, and I will put my business aside if I'm working or wishing to go somewhere on that day."

"Unfortunately, we don't also know the date of the first hearing," Terrence shrugs with sadness in his eyes. "We only know that we are going to have a meeting with our lawyer soon."

"Anyway, I shall surely support you," Frederick replies confidently. "I do understand it's gonna be hard for all of you. So, the more people support you, the easier it will be for you to experience that long process."

"Thanks a lot, Grandpa," Raquelle thanks with a slight smile. "But even if you don't come, it's okay. We know you'll support us in your mind."

"Of course, my sweetheart. But as I promised to become, it would happen."

"I must confess that we're lucky so many people decided to support us at such a hard moment. We'd definitely need those, who would help us at least morally."

"Are your friends gonna support you, too?"

"Most of them," Terrence replies. "Everybody knows what happened to us after watching the reportage that's been shown on all the channels of the world."

"Yes, yes, it's been translating everywhere," Frederick nods thoughtfully. "And knowing I've seen the reportage several times this week, there is no doubt that the case is gonna be popular. I heard journalists and reporters are impatiently waiting for the start of the hearing."

"It's true. People have come to Raquelle and me several times with a plea to give a comment. But we've got nothing to say now and wouldn't like to repeat what's been shown on TV hundreds of times."

"I got it."

"This hype is caused just because our names are featured in this story," Raquelle notices. "Otherwise, nobody would care about Michael."

"You know, honey, there are fewer people with the last name MacClife. People would've connected Michael with your fiancé anyway." Frederick chuckles kindly. "You're gonna be a member of a unique family... Not like the Camerons, of which there are so many."

"You are right, Mr. Cameron," Terrence agrees with a slight smile, scratching the nape of his neck. "My last name is not so common... I would say it's very rare... So, anyone to have the last name MacClife could be called my potential relative."

"Are you probably proud to have such a rare last name?"

"I will not deny," Terrence replies proudly. "The one like Terrence MacClife from the MacClife family, probably the only one in the world, is as unique as a relic."

"Gosh, don't remind us about how irresistible you are, at least now," Raquelle says with a chuckle, rolling her eyes for a second. "You could be shyer with my grandfather's pretense."