"What the fuck!? How'd he get us so fast?"

"I didn't even hear him...Ugh."

Sadly, they said goodbye to their cubes of cheese, letting them fall onto the sand. From behind, a voice chimed. "Sorry, ladies, why don't you take a break early? To home base."

Nagisa and his partner, with five cubes of cheese in their possession, had one mission in mind: get the gun. 

"Let's search our hotel rooms. Maybe there's one in there." the blue boy whispered.

Emei didn't vote for this hide-and-seek game, but the majority agreed to play, so here she was, climbing her third flight of stairs to reach her room. She opened the door and launched herself on the bed, figuring that if she'd play, she'd play in comfort. 

Comfort, was the exact opposite when she felt something hard hit her back. The listless girl reached underneath her pillow and found one of their guns and a round of ten pellets beside it.

"Gosh.. I can't use this," she mumbled. "I guess I'll leave it in the hall for whoever passes."

Before Emei could put her lazy plan into action, the weight of another person landed on her bed, making her lose her balance.

She almost screamed, but a large hand covered her mouth.

Oh great. I'm out.

"I'm not a seeker don't worry."

Emei sighed, escaping her cousin's grip. "you didn't have to sneak up on me..."

"Kimura chased me down the hall. I managed to get away from him. Barely. Goddamn, that guy is fast," the forest-haired boy wiped the sweat off his brow. He opened his palm, revealing four yellow cubes. "How many do you have?"

"I have none. I plan on just sleeping here until the game is over," she sighed, "I have the gun though."

Chiba's eyes brightened with excitement. Ever since the failed assassination on the peer, he has been craving to exercise his preferred weapon.

Chiba handled the gun with ease, spinning it around his fingers, feeling confident. "Perfect. Thanks, Em.

By the way. Feel better. Rinka and I are sick of seeing you sad."

A combination of adrenaline and pressure for winning no homework for a week was the perfect motivation to boost a redheaded boy ahead, merely out of reach to Kimura's painted palm. 

"See ya!" Karma dove out of a window with his six cubes, rolling on the sand and sprinting into the trees with a maniacal laugh, leaving a Kimura to groan. 

"Come on!! It's not that serious, man!" The sound of his complaints fading away sent a wave of relief to the red mouse. "This is totally unfair."

Karma tried to catch his breath. He found a big rock to lean on while his heart calmed down. Koro-sensei sure picked a good seeker especially since this game required more running than hiding.

"Psst. Are you marked?" A familiar voice whispered a few feet away. 

Karma's guard shot up as he slowly backed away, but stopped when Nakamura revealed herself from behind a tree. 

"No. I just lost Kimura back there." Karma quirked his head at the hotel. "I dove out of a window. to get away from him."

Okano appeared from her hiding spot in the bushes, sighing to herself. "He must be very pissed that you got away. I'm sure everyone would want to turn you into a cat. It ups the chances of cats winning."