The Aftereffects (15)

Start from the beginning

The vitals were.. Something. Not stable, by any means, but he wasn't dying anymore. However, keeping him like this was a horrible idea. The professor didn't want to wait, but he didn't have any other option.

Luckily, only a minute later, more lightning sounded down, and Sage, along with a few of the healers, were in the room. It seemed as if they were already informed of the situation and quickly got to work as their leader guided them.

The smaller wounds could be healed by the magic of the steves, however as one of them worked on that the others helped with the transfusion. The Professor had to sort through the blood samples, see what types they were, but thankfully it was just enough to bring Sabre back to stability.

Professor Red's hands were shaking frantically by the time the operation was over. His gloves were soaked in warm blood that made his gloves feel sticky and tight against his skin. Yet, he waited until he knew it was safe before he took them off.

As the vitals slowed beeped faster, to a more pleasantly stable thump, and the healers dispersed back to their homes, Professor Red knew it was safe to take his gloves off. Yet, he still worried something would suddenly go wrong and lead to Sabre's almost-death. It was a horrible feeling, so he stared at Sabre's unconscious body mindlessly. The bloody gloves were still firm against his palms.

Sage drew his attention away from that by beginning to ask his own questions, "So, erm, Professor... I'm assuming you know what you're doing with all this blood stuff but, this won't hurt Sabre right? I mean... this much blood from a different species could be dangerous, he's not exactly 'human' anymore."

Professor Red silently nodded and turned away from Sage to look at Sabre. He had a point, Sabre had more blood from a steve than actual human blood now. At least, that's what Sabre called himself, a human. Now he had to consider how this would affect him. One transfusion most likely had bad side effects, so multiple, especially with the idea of all his blood being different, was...

"Assistant, run a test on that." Professor Red spoke as he pinched his nose, slowly getting a headache. What time was it? 10'o'clock? Midnight? He wasn't keeping track. Assistant did what he needed to do while the professor stood there lost in his thoughts. Sage tried to rub his back to soothe him, something the professor barely noticed.

*"Signs show effects such as cramping, nausea, sickness, and passing out for the first few days, along with symptoms from the injuries. Effects may change." He said flatly, for once not leaving any room for a small tone of sassiness or a sarcastic remark. Sage perked from concern, and began pondering the Assistant for questions, to which he answered quickly.

Professor Red just stared at the bloody body. The wounds had been patched long ago, but there were still obvious bloodstains along his body. His gloves were still on, and he looked down to see the clothes Sabre had been wearing, which of course were also bloody.

Everything was covered in blood. Everything, oh god.

*"Professor Red, why don't you go upstairs? Me and the Green Leader will handle it from here." Assistant stated, trying to get the professor's mind off the situation, get him to do something. Yet all Professor Red did was stare, stare, stare.

'Assistant had trouble building the tracker, if I leave what if something goes wrong and they can't handle it? Then Sabre will die, and I won't be able to do anything about it. No, no I stay here. I'm staying here.'

"I-I'll wait here Assistant.. Better to be safe than sorry..."

Assistant raised a fake, mechanical eyebrow and nodded.

/

It only took about a half hour before Professor Red had passed out from the stress of it all.