Man up, you pathetic coward!   Roared my old self.

He was right.

Why did I even freak out for a moment? He called me “friend” the entire time in front of his friends, so why had I to freak out now? Was that even important how people saw us? Did I really care?

“Oh c’mon Shane, you can tell me...so, you just guys hit it together?”

All right, this was enough. I couldn’t take any longer of her making Shane nervous.

“Ciara...”

I cut off Shane, by hugging him and pressing his back on my chest. He took a deep breath of surprise and looked up at me, with his beautiful green liquid eyes.

“We just met a couple of weeks ago, so at the moment we’re going out together. It’s me that can’t resist his tempting lips.” I said, winking to the girl, trying to ease the atmosphere and most important, try to ease and calm Shane.

He tensed down and relaxed in my arms and rested his head against me. He placed his hands on mine and gripped them strong. Shane needed someone strong beside him and even if I wasn’t what he needed, I’ll just try my best to avoid to coward and run away from everything that seemed complicated and troublesome.

Roman shot me a dark glare and seized from head to toe, but not disappointed. I think he was more disappointed I took Shane’s side, so he had no excuse to get on my throat and kick me out. He wasn’t a bad guy, only very protective of Shane, but couldn’t understand the whole reason, I didn’t know everything of the brat. Still, that Roman guy was annoying me with his attitudes.

“Oh...that’s really sweet and hot.” She giggled and smiled looking like a skinny doll, with her shining and glossy red lips, big blue eyes and pink nails. “And where did you meet?”

“In a park, Shane kicked his ball on me and almost broke my nose.”

He snorted and elbowed me.

“I didn’t break your nose, it merely hit your neck.”

“It hit my face, Shane. It almost left a bruise.”

“You afraid of damaging your pretty face?” Sneered the Roman guy, making a sarcastic face.

I rolled my eyes.

We really didn’t like each other.

“No, you?” It was a subtle warning and also a challenge.

“I’d say no as well.” He challenged back.

Enna tugged his arm and placed it around his own slender shoulders.

“Will you both stop at snarling at each other like stray dogs? Emmett is a nice guy.” Enna scowled, which was sort of funny, because you couldn’t picture someone like him mad or reprimand someone else.

“As you wish, my angel.” He pressed his man in a strong hug and kissed him with incredible passion. Did Shane and I look the same?

“Aww...you two get a room! Always jumping on each other.” Joked Ciara.

Enna pulled back from the kiss, his pale skin flushed.

“Shut up, flea, you just jealous because your last flame dumped you.”

“She didn’t dump me, nobody dumps me. I dumped her.”

She? Her?

Did I hear well?