The Matchmaking

After walking out of the house, I quickly slip out of the house and into my 2002 bright yellow beetle. Of course, my car decides to act retarded today out of all days. 5 minutes, and it still had not started. Like seriously, I need to get this checked out.

20 minutes later, I arrive at school, with my old beetle just barely getting me there. Since I am already late, I run to the auditorium where the Matchmaking takes place. I carefully slip into my seat, making sure not to bring any attention to me. Minutes pass before they finally start to call names. Since my last name is Winters, I'll be here for a while.

"Mayzie Winters"

I walked across the stage so that I could stand next to the announcer. This is it. The moment I have been waiting 16 years for. My husband until I die. They person I will spend my last days with. Hopefully I'll get someone that it quiet and timid, like me.

"Alex Maine"

Or not.
Out of all people I get him. Alex Maine, the mysterious bad boy from next door. The guy that no one knows about, nor does anyone want to. Not even the school wide skanks approach him, which confuses me. With the perfect brown floppy hair, athletic build, and his warm brown eyes, he's definitely boyfriend material. Now, he's my husband. This is gonna be fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leave comments about how the book is so far!
~Xoxo Kayla