Chapter 2

It was awkward to say the least. I was sitting at the red light with Kyle sitting next to me smiling to himself.

"So.....when did you get so big?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Well I was pretty small up until I turned 14, but then after like a few years of living in that tiny house we had to move back here for more room. We also have a few family members living with us. You can meet them when we get to my house." He said looking at me weirdly.

"Well if you wanted to stay there then you should have. You're almost 18. I'm sure you would have survived." I said rudely I was still stuck on the fact that he said he had to move back here like it was a bad thing. I winced when he looked at me shocked.

"Nyx. i never wanted to leave in the first place! I love it here in South Dakota! Your here!" he said with a pained expression on his sweet face. It still didn't take away from his good looks. 

I looked over at him in shock. "Th-thanks. you could have called  ya know. We didn't go any where or anything!" I said still shocked.

We sat in the car in silence again. Kyle told me to take a few turn here and there and then he told me to take a final turn left off the main road and onto an old dirt road. it took us another 3 minutes to get to his house.

Or is calling it a house too much of an insult. It was more like a mansion or a manor!

"Ummm......Kyle?" I asked looking up over my steering wheel. "You live here?"

He chuckled. "Yeah. Do you want to come in and meet my family?" Kyle said while getting out of my car. 

"Y-yeah sure. Why not?" I got out and followed him to the stairs that led to his door.

When we were inside the house I couldn't help but stare. It was huge on the inside as well. There were marble floors and a mahogany stair case. The walls were a very light and refreshing green color. The house is at least 3 stories high it is that big. I think they even have a lift! 

"Nyx?" Kyle was looking at me a smile playing at his luscious lips.

God! Stop it Nyx! Best friend remember?! I'm trying not to! I chastised myself. Then remembered he asked me a question which brought me back.

He also seemed to notice I was staring at him so his smile was even bigger.

"Huh....what?" I asked stupily I was also blushing like an idiot.

"That is my uncle."Kyle said while pointing to the man coming down the beautiful stare case.

He was a big man, but not at big as Kyle. He was tall with long blonde hair pulled into a tight ponytail. 

"Hello. Nyx was it?" he asked in a light british accent that perfectly matched his deep voice. It was almost melodic. Almost.

"Yes sir. You're K.C's uncle.......?" 

"Oh yes how silly of me. My nake is Liam. Liam Azazek. But please just call me Liam. And you're the famous Nyx that my nephew keeps talking about. It's truly a pleasure to finally meet you." he bowed as he took my hand and kissed it lightly. I blushed.

Kyle's Pov

A blush creeped to her cheeks because of my uncle. He smiled at me as my anger grew slightly. I gave just the smallest growl so that she wouldn't hear it, but I knew my uncle would hear it. He looked over at me slight shock in his eyes but a smile still held on his face.

"Whats the matter son?" he asked me mentally. "She can't only be yours."

I growled. "Don't push me uncle. You know my bite is worse that me bark."