XVIII

Axel felt someone grab her hand an turn on the spot. She stumbled to the ground as the apparation was done. Looking up she was met with the view of the Potter house.

'Axel!' Lily called as she waddled over.

Axel blinked and looked around. Where were the Death Eaters or the boys?

'Lily?' She said looking around.

'Sirius collapsed after he apparated, they sent a bad hex his way before you guys were completely in the clear.' She said softly.

Axel looked around and saw a trail of blood leading to the second level of the Potter's cottage in Godrics Hollow.

'What about Sev and Remus?' She said trying to maintain her composer.

'James said that before they left Remus and him agreed on two safe places. Their probably at the other one, Hogwarts.'

Axel felt a tear trickle down her durty cheek. something inside of her told her that she felt this way because of Sirius' injury and not because she was worried about the other two.

'I'll take you to the guest room for now.' Lily said smiling.

Axel got up and followed Lily up the stairs. James came out of one of the other guest rooms and was completely pail.

'How is he?' Axel croaked out.

'The first things either of you say to me are concerning each other.' James said with a smirk.

Axel smirked back until she nodded her head waiting for him to come out with the answer.

'He's fine, Jojo is taking care of him.'

Jojo? Who's Jojo? Axel felt a pang of jealousy. It was now the beginning of February and she still felt infatuated with Sirius. His eyes made her weak in the knees and even the slightest smirk he gave shot butterflies to her stomach.

'Jojo, the house elf.' James said smirking at Axel's sudden worried look.

She blushed slightly at the fact that she was jealous of a house elf and James knew it.

'I'll send him to see you when he's better.' James said to Axel before giving Lily a quick kiss and heading downstairs.

Axel followed Lily to the other guest room and waited inside for Jojo to come in and tend to her. She didn't have any injuries but Jojo was being sent in to help Axel with the horrendous appearance she had inhabited since staying in the forest with three men.

'Axel, I don't have any clothes that would fit you because of my bump but James said you can borrow this.' Lily said poking her head into the room and showing her an old Potter Quidditch shirt.

'Lily, it's no need. My clothes are fine.' She said smiling.

'Nonsense. Sirius said that Remus was last to have the tent and clothes in his bag so you're going to need to change at some point.'

Axel smiled and took the over sized shirt. She layed in the comfy bed and watched the sun go down. Being in the forest for so long made her loose track of time. It wasn't long ago that they had left for their voyage. Axel turned over on her side and let out a deep breathe.

'Sirius Black, what have you done to me?' Axel whispered to herself.

'Whatever it was, I didn't mean to.' A voice said from the door causing her to jump.

She turned arond and a very beat up looking Sirius stood in the doorframe smirking.

'Oh, Sirius-' She said as she caught sight of the deep gash across his cheek and the black eye.

'It's alright.' He said sitting next to her.

He took her hand and caressed it softly.

'I know you're strong but I still worry.' She whispered through the darkness.

'Why?' He whispered back.

She looked up and met his grey eyes, oh, how they made her melt. He was wearing only plaid pajama bottoms so she could see the toned muscles that she'd imagined so many times before.

'I think I love you.' She mumbled looking down.

'What?' He said with a slight glistening in his eyes.

He cupped her face in his hands and forced her to look at him. She didn't know what made her do it but she assumed it was how soft his lips looked at the moment but she told him how she felt.

'I think I'm in love with you.' She whispered.

She waited nervously as Sirius didn't reply. What if she ruined everything? To her surprise he uncupped her face and instead wrapped his arms around her waist before kissing her passionately. She'd never felt this way for someone before so she assumed it was love. Kissing him back with just as much enthusiasm she didn't object when he began tugging James'.

'I'd prefer you wear my clothes.' He whispered before Axel crashed their lips together again.

It all happened so fast that the next thing she knew she was tangled in the sheets with Sirius' bare arms wrapped around her. He was sleeping soundly and she admired the light stubble that was swept across his jaw. Kissing him lightly she snuggled closer to him before falling asleep. Finally, she'd gotten used to sleeping without layers upon layers of clothes and tonight, she was sleeping with no layers at all.