October 16th 2022
Dallas, Texas
8:20 pm

"You got anything you wanna hear?" Amina asked Chalyn as she scrolled through Apple Music on her TV to get to her playlists. She had designated playlists for each genre. "Let's do some Summer Walker so we can feel like we're at Blue's." Chalyn replied before taking a small sip of her wine, Amina lightly chuckled.

"This ain't Blue's, this is Amina's." Amina replied as she clicked on her R&B playlist.

Amina took a big step by inviting Chalyn to her home, she was a firm believer in your home being your sanctuary and not letting too many people in and out. But she was learning Chalyn and this was a big part of that. The girls decided to stay in tonight and enjoy each other's company.

"I still can't believe you got that quiet ass man mad—he just seems so chill." Chalyn announced, Amina half shrugged before throwing a grape in her mouth. She didn't think Rashad was quiet, reserved was a better fitting word for him to Amina. Her mind went to the message she sent him earlier, and how he didn't reply, only read it.

"Just like you said, I guess I danced on his nerve." Amina finally replied once she snapped out of her thoughts. "Well, hopefully he's over it soon because that bartender makes the best blueberry lemon drop I've ever had." Chalyn replied, causing them to laugh.

"What's your favorite cake flavor?" Chalyn questioned, Amina slightly made up her face, "I'm not a big cake person...honestly, I prefer cookies." She replied.

"What flavors do you like?" Chalyn questioned, Amina lightly chuckled. "Can't go wrong with chocolate chip...red velvet never disappoints too." She answered, Chalyn nodded her head.

"Why?" Amina furrowed her eyebrows together, although Chalyn owned a bakery, the question was just so random. "Just asking." She spoke as if she had a trick up her sleeve.

"I always skip this song." Chalyn announced, 4th baby mama by Summer Walker was playing. Personally, Amina felt as if Summer's albums had 0 skips. She even bumped "4th baby mama interlude." From time to time.

"Why?" Amina asked as she decorated her cracker with a bit of prosciutto and cheese before taking a bite. "Cause Summer made fun of London's baby mothers swearing she wouldn't be like them, defending London saying he wasn't the problem and they were—and now look." Chalyn explained.

"Damn." Amina spoke before finishing off her cracker, "Experience is the best teacher." She added, Chalyn nodded her head in agreement.

"Life has a funny way of teaching you not to judge." Chalyn replied, Amina stopped and simmered on that for a moment before shaking it off.

"What games you play?" Chalyn questioned, motioning her head toward Amina's play station four. "Right now I only play GTA." Amina replied.

"Ouuu, let's play." Chalyn enthusiastically spoke, sitting her wine glass on the coaster. "You be playing games?" Amina lightly chuckled as she grabbed her remote.

"Only GTA honestly." Chalyn replied, "You complete the missions?" She asked.

"Girl you know how long this game been out? The missions been complete—my ex completed them matter of fact." Amina chuckled, causing Chalyn to do the same.