Chapter #30

The remaining dozen acts' dance routines, carried on inviting others to join them on stage enjoying the moment. They prayed for audience votes turning the event into a colorful glittering party of dancing and singing vibrating the venue's structure to the core.

Winding this portion of event down while extended echoing applause the MC's on stage pulling off a few simple dance moves basking in the positive energy.

Most acts await contest results near the front of the stage, few care if won or not. Anxiously Cher and Cyndi locked hands keeping focus on the MC. Chrissie conversed with the Cleopatras exchanging kudos. Sadie and Tony aided Cassie from being bothered too much each wrap an arm around one of his. Holding his left hand Tony sporadically squeezed the ring on his index finger.

"Wow, wow oh wow what a great way to end the competitions of the afternoon. Everyone here give yourself a round of applause...Yeah make that positive energy and soak it in..." The MC waits for the crowds to quiet some, "...alright you beautiful bunch of beauties. I tell you, the energy in this place could power the city for a week. Wow!" Opening a glitter encrusted envelope glitter falls reflecting off the stage lighting, "Our panel of illustrious illuminati's illation on our third place winning performance goes to, Big Girls! Who got us started with Eureka's Big Girls! Give it up for them everyone! Their gorgeous spikes must be killing them by now they've been here since 9am."

As the audience applauds three line-backer sized gals in 4" open toed high strapped sandals strut their large sequined dress draped bodies to the stage. Obviously happy streaming tears of joy streaking their already fading make-up. Clapping and waving step onto the stage directed to the far left by the MC.

"Nicely done nicely done, congratulations Big Girls. They'll be able to buy some new shoes with their $2000 prize money. And their $300 gift card to Slipper's Shoes." The MC keeps clapping to encourage the crowd and allow the Big Girls to form up, "Okay okay, sounds like you excited bunch are ready to hear about our second place winner... Oh and a favorite of all our moms C Team! And their spirited performance of Cyndi Lauper's Girl's Wanna Have Fun!"

The audience cheers loudly as C team proudly accepts a second place win exchanging a group hug before taking their spot on stage.

"Marvelously done and the make-up work is astounding ladies top notch truly." The MC claps strongly raises the arms high welcoming the ladies back on stage. "Something else weren't they everyone? No doubt this event was full of awesome Queens and Kings like these four. Cher I almost thought it was you." He speaks to Mel in tears.

Waving to the crowd C-Team takes to the stage accepting accolades. Carrie smiles content in the moment and amused with the other three's happy tears, expected from Mel it was not from Jerry. Directed to the far right of the MC, the ladies line up Cher and Cyndi blow a few kisses to the crowd amusing themselves.

"Wow, who ever did their work I shoulda had them do mine. Put me to shame." The MC keeps the applause going, "These ladies will be able to get a few new outfits with their $5000 prize money and a $500 gift card at Sheer Outfits! And for touch-ups a $300 gift card at Curly Cs Cosmetics! Let's give them some proper luvin' people!"

As the hall cheers C team bows gesturing to the crowd, Sadie tosses her overnight pair of underwear at the girls inspiring laughs.