Chapter 28

'What do you want, Reynard,' I snapped, feeling the effects of my recent encounter with Eric draining me.

Reynard rolled his eyes. 'I said if you would like to go on a trip, I didn't think that what I said would be so difficult to comprehend.'

I smacked him on the arm as the car sped off. Drawing my eyes to the front, I realised that Donald was driving with Sean in the passenger seat.

'What kind of trip?'

'I've been meaning to head back home for a while to y'know visit my mom. And I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity. I can take you and Patrick to visit.' Reynard smiled, rubbing his hands together at the idea.

'But what about me? I mean can I leave for a trip. I mean I don't know. What if... How can...'

'Lia, I am giving you the opportunity to leave the pack for a while. What is there to think about? Unless you scared you will miss all the sex?' He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

'WE ARE NOT HAVING SEX', I Growled, annoyed at the thought that every werewolf in the house thought that Eric and I were doing the humpty dumpty.

Reynard threw himself back against the car window.

'Easy now. Goodness. I can completely tell that you haven't had sex. If you had, you would be well less... OUCH!' Reynard screamed as I pinched his ear.

'Oh stop being such a baby. That was not sore.'

'She abused me. She outright abused me. Sean, Donald you are witnesses to this psychopathic bitch.'

'Fuck you, Reynard. Im not in the mood for games.'

'Then no games. No yelling. No abuse. Just say yes.' Reynard said seriously, looking me straight in the eye with a power I had not seen in him before except when he was training the others.

'I still need to think about...'

'Give an answer.'

'YEs.' I hiccuped, shocked at answering so quickly.

'Well then thats settled. Donald, you will need to take over my responsibilities, and the training and I had to do a talk for the local school on the forest flora and fauna. You will need to do that...'

As Reynard listed all the jobs that Donald would have to do in his absence, I felt a chill wrap around me. Just after an argument with Eric, I say yes to packing my bags and leaving. What was he going to think?

We were the first to arrive at the house before the other cars, giving me the time to run upstairs and barricade myself in Jamie and Nathan's room. After a few minutes, the door opened revealing Jamie.