F o u r t e e n

Yasu's POV

Uppermoon three is here? Why? 

He is holding the cup of water out to me. No. I won't take it. I refuse!!

"Do you want to die from choking?" He says, nudging the cup towards me. I give in because he's my favorite uppermoon. I take the cup from his hands, chugging the water down my throat. I instantly feel better.

"...thanks," I mumble, wiping my lips. 

"Glad to see you breathing again," He says, taking a seat beside me. I don't have to worry about him eating me because he respects women.

"So," I start, wiggling my fingers that are rested on my lap. "Why are you here?"

"Same reason you are here. Mission." He groans, leaning his back against the tree trunk. 

"So you're here to kill me?"

He turns his head towards me with a frown on his face. "Don't you already know I don't harm women?"

"I do. I guess it just didn't occur to me in that second."

He turns his head back. "So what kind of demon do you have to kill? I hope it's not me."

"No, it's not you. I'm just on a patrol I guess. I killed three demons though." I reply, resting my chin on my hands.

"They must've been weak." He states, closing his eyes. Then he opens them again and turns to me. "You owe me after that incident! How dare you kick me like that!"

Oh. That.

"Sorry about that... I had to escape!!" I apologize, bowing my head. "You aren't going to take me back, are you?"

"What's the point," He scoffs. "You escaped us once. Escaped the grips of the strongest demons. You'll just escape again."

He has a point. I give him a sly smile.

"Are you saying that I'm strong?" I giggle.

He stays blank for a moment. "Never said that.. but I guess you're strong." He turns his head to me. "It would be fun if you became a demon though."

"Nope!" I say, crossing my arms. "Not this conversation again."

"'Again'? We just started talking-" He frowns, confused.

"I met Kibutsuji before you came."

"Muzan-sama??" He gasps, widening his eyes. He glances around, then crouches closer. "How did you manage to survive?"

I pretend I'm thinking. He seems interested to hear the story. "Let's see.."

I glance at him to see his eyes sparkling. I can almost see what he's thinking right now. New combat moves? New type of fighting?

I give him a closed eye smile. "Skill."

His hope dies down. "Really."

"What?" I shrug, containing my laughter. 

He sighs and shakes his head. He looks down and spots my book. "Hey, what's that book about?"

"Oh," I hold up my book. "Just some family names and stuff. It seems to be created by a blood demon art. It constantly updates."

"Cool. Can I see it?" 

I hand him the book, grunting. Of course being a demon, he grabs it like it's a piece of feather. He turns it around, examining it. He finally opens it, flipping through the pages.

"Why'd you mark this page?" He asks, flipping over to the... oh no.

"N-nothing!" I panic, grabbing the book from him and hugging it tightly.