7

By the time the aftereffects are relieved and she can walk on her own feet, her father comes in with a doctor.

<How is the princess?>

<She seems to have recovered well.>

The Duke asks, and the doctor who examined her condition replies. The Duke smiles contentedly.

<Then we can start the class again.>

For her, the doctor was the one who announced the restart of the special class.

Ariadne hated that green gown.

'Think of the doctors you've seen in previous lives. It's a gown with a similar meaning, only the color and shape are different.'

No matter how hard I tried to convince myself, the fear did not diminish.

She unconsciously reached out and pulled Lucy's skirt that was next to her.

Sitting back, she tried to hide behind the maid.

Seeing her reaction, the doctor stopped approaching.

The Marquis' eyebrows twitched as he stood by the door.

"Miss?"

Lucy looked back at her with wide eyes.

Ariadne finally came back to her senses and let go of Lucy's clothes.

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay. That's a doctor. She's the one who will make sure that you don't get sick."

Lucy said affectionately.

I know. I figured that out on my own.

If you don't get sick, the special class will start again.

Instead of saying that, Ariadne nodded silently.

The doctor, who had been watching her closely, came back and sat down beside her.

"Hello, Miss. I'm Jaylin Brown, the Weaver family physician. Please call me Jaylin."

It was a cheerful voice. Ariadne replied a beat late, even with a stammer.

"......A-Ariadne Eldieo."

This time, it wasn't because of the trauma, but because of the doctor's self-introduction.

'The Weaver family's personal physician, doesn't that mean this is the Marquis Estate of Weaver?'

She was dumbfounded.

Weaver.

A marquis family that protects the northern borders of the Abyssal Kingdom.

The wife of the Archmage Solan Garcia was the former Marquis, and the current Marquis was their eldest son.

In other words, this is her mother's home.

'It would have taken at least a week to get here from Eldieo which was located in the middle of the kingdom.'

Before the invasion of the demon realm, it would have been quick thanks to trains and movement magic, but now it couldn't.

The means of communication that were active more than a hundred years ago were almost cut off, news could only be delivered to distant places by messengers and through letters only.

It was not uncommon for messengers to die along the way.

Progress is when things that were impossible become possible.