Chapter #23

Back in the game Mel had a list of locations in the big city to peruse. Nearing the event center the sea of glittering moving color ahead distracted from the large glass and steel buildings around.

All in awe couldn't believe the amount of people wandering the streets decked out enjoying the day.

Cruising around the event center block a few times taking in the sights, Pete and Jerry can't wait to get out there. Also ready to dress-up Mel felt a strong need to search for replacement cosmetics and outfits, pointing out their building for the weekend.

Parking in front of the luxury building Mel returns to the driver's seat ensuring Jerry and Pete have all the reservation and sign in information. Jeff enters the building stating renting an apartment for the weekend and inquired if they have a luggage cart.

The building concierge introduces himself aware of their arrival. Noting their attire and luggage sees more Drag Queens, "Hello I'm Mr. Francis, Concierge, I've a specific request from tax paying tenants to keep interactions within the building civil and friendly. And of course insist no parties which is stated in your contract I believe."

"Hey Mr. Concierge don't worry about us," Jeff points to them outside, "I'm Jeff, we're from out of town and stick to ourselves." He directly points out Jerry if it matters, "that guy there, worst thing is the shit he says but he's a Club 66 date, ya know what I mean?" Figuring a building superintendent here would know about such things.

A bit insulted called by title he does know that chapter surveying Jerry's overly casual attire, "really? Him?"

"Off day for him." Jeff points up winking, "we got the apartment close for HARRY. So you might see us slip up there."

"Oh," Mr. Francis disregards their attire and vehicle, "well I'll get the key and there's some paper work but in the mean time a luggage trolley is just around the corner to the left."

"Thanks man," before they split up Jeff notes, "oh that cute lil' bugger Pete and his Buddy Mel... they handle the details for Jerry."

"Very good," Mr. Francis wonders if Jeff was just messing with him or a dullard.

Dragging the trolley outside Jeff suggests Pete deal with Mr. Concierge inside, causing Mel to chuckle wondering if Jeff is serious. With all their luggage out of the van, they wish Mel good luck and load up the cart.

Once finished with the paperwork Pete leads them to apartment informing Jeff the man's name is Mr. Francis and what he does as consierge.

Opening the door to apartment 1408 push the trolley in, "hell of a place," they agree and snoop around.

Rooms picked and basic gear stowed Jeff relaxes on the balcony with a mixed bevy enjoying the view. Unable to see the event center has a partial view of waterfront and a landscaped park.

Ready to get over there Jerry and Pete go through the extra outfits for tonight or Sunday. Pete brought a classic Jerry insisted on wearing especially hearing Mel hated it. A pink and white Tutu with sleek pink dancers bodice and ballet slippers. Questioned about the shoe choice Jerry figured if on his feet for hours he'd rather the slippers.