Chapter 5 - Caster vs Golden Boy

Começar do início

"An impressive amount of mana. No wonder I can't use clairvoyance, your master is something else, to be able to block my skills while supplying you with so much mana."

Then he started attacking.

Each sword was met by a bolt of light, but unfortunately she was getting overwhelmed. As Gilgamesh started to increase the speed and rate at which he fired the noble phantasms, Medea struggled more and more, until she could do nothing but strengthen her barrier and tank the hits.

However, even this had limits. Although she had a pretty much endless supply of mana, it could not do anything about this situation.

But Medea also had her cards to play as well. Her skill [Genius] allowed her to calculate and adapt to any situation. Even as she's being bombarded by swords, she's analysing them and adding resistance properties to the barrier.

Slowly but surely, she became less and less affected, and begun a counterattack of her own.

Suddenly, her barrier was broken and her left shoulder was pierced by a pole. Blood splattered over her clothes and she spat out some blood.

"Urgh."

She was shocked.

"Haha, you performed very well, so I'll allow you to know what happened. All the noble phantasms you defended against were C and B-tier. I simply chucked an A-tier in and you are defenceless against it. You danced well mongrel, so I will give you a swift end." He said as a golden portal opened behind him.

An ominous looking spear appeared.

"This spear has no name but was able to knock two lives off berserker. You know what this means right? It kills you in two different ways. Consider this my gift to you. Be honoured, haha." He then started laughing and the spear was thrown forward.

Having no time to react, Medea's heart was completely destroyed, as well as all her lungs and then some sort of toxin was released, slowly killing every cell in her body.

It was so powerful, the pole completely drilled a hole through her and continued into the ground, going a good 12m deep before stopping.

Suddenly losing her strength, she collapsed onto her knees, with her back bent forward and looking down.

Is this where I die? I'm sorry Rimuru and Ciel, I wasn't able to get back.

She thought to herself as her consciousness faded away.

...

NO! I refuse. A look of determination appeared on her face as she forced herself to stay conscious.

If it was the old Medea, she would've accepted her fate and died, but now was different. She had somewhere to belong to, and people waiting for her to get back.

And...

[Acquiring extra skill [Determined]. Successful]

She didn't want to die and leave this life.

[Acquiring extra skill [Loved]. Successful]

She wanted to live.

[Acquiring extra skill [Reversal]. Successful]

[Merge skills [Ancient Magic], [Determined], [Loved] and [Reversal]?]

Huh? She was confused by the voices in her head. Before she could even think of whether to accept or not, another different mechanical-like voice sounded in her head.

Merge.

[Merging skills. Successful. Successfully acquired unique skill [Magic of the Gods]]...