| Chapter Fifty-three | Unexpected Visitor

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Senjuro!"

Kyojuro ran through the hole I made in the house and knelt beside me. He lifted me and pulled me intonhis lap.

"Senjuro, you're alright. I know what you're thinking and you aren't dying. You just put every fibre of your being into your attack and used our Ninth Form. Exhale."

I pushed all the air from my lungs and looked up at him.

"Now slowly, inhale." He said.

I wanted to gasp, and pulled in as much air as I could, but I trusted my brother. I slowly took a breath.

"Good. Now do it again. Exhale, then inhale slowly."

I repeated it, and then my body relaxed. I still had no strength and couldn't move, but I could breathe.

"Good work, Senjuro. Now you're going to be weak for a while. You need to eat to regain the strength you just lost."

I gasped again, and my heart was beating hard. I grabbed my chest and Kyojuro grabbed my hand.

"Senjuro. Continue to do as I said. You need to breathe. Exhale, then inhale slowly."

I gasped and choked, trying hard to catch my breath. My eyes widened and I began to feel dizzy.

"Senjuro! Listen to me. You're going to be alright."

"Kyojuro, I feel like I'm dying." I gasped.

"I know. The first time I used our Ninth Form, I thought the same thing. You're alright. Breathe, and focus on your body. Feel your heart beat, feel your lungs taking in air, assess your body. You will see that your are alright. When we use our Ninth Form, it takes so much from us, and when we aren't prepared, it does nearly kill us. But you're going to be alright. Breathe."

I exhaled, then slowly inhaled again. I focused on doing that, and my heart beat slowed down. The dizziness passed and I looked upnat Kyojuro with a smile.

"I am a Rengoku after all." I said.

Kyojuro frowned down at me and sighed.

"You've always been a Rengoku, Senjuro."

"But I did it. I used our Ninth Form." I said.

I was happy I did. It proved it, that it as capable of Flame Breathing, and being a Rengoku meant I had to be able to use the Ninth Form.

"Senjuro. Whether you use the Ninth Form or not, you are a Rengoku."

"Now I can believe it." I said.

"Senjuro! Are you alright?"

Kyojuro looked to the side but I wasn't able to move and look at Rika who came through the house.

"He's going to be alright. I just need to make sure he eats something. I'm so sorry for tackling you, Rika. Are you alright?" Kyojuro asked.

"I'm better than I would have been if you hadn't tackled me." She said.

"I'm sorry, Rika." I said.