The God of fire

Sorry for the long wait guys.... :(

but as i have explained I have exams coming and mocks regularly so it becomes suicidal to attempt to be consistant with my writing. but I try.

This chap I promise has some juiciness which im pretty sure will gain me some forgiveness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy!!! xx

Today had been a hectic and really tiring afternoon spent visiting a few colleges. I had made my decision that I wanted to stay in California. Initially I was supposed to move to New York with a few ‘friends’ but after considerable assessment I realized that The university of California had the best course for what I wanted to do. So California it will be.

Maria and I had both chosen to remain close to family. I had decided that the little bond I had with my dad was good enough and by moving away would sever any connection we had. So staying close was the only solution. Maria wanted to stay because there was nothing more she loved than her brother, how anyone could love that ‘thing’ beats me but apparently there’s hope for all evil. Besides, even if she did want to move away I have high doubts that Antonio would ever allow it. Perhaps it hasn’t been noted or gathered from prior events, but he was very domineering and what he said was law.

Regardless, tonight surprisingly one of the girls from our salsa class, Camela decided to invite Maria and I to one of her parties. Maria had been freaking out because apparently Camela’s parties were the “shizzle” of the neighborhood.

Suddenly out of nowhere Maria burst out into a fit of laughter leaving me staring at her in bafflement. “uhm, whats funny?” I said trying to squeeze into my pink channel dress.

“Honey we’re going to a house party, not school prom. I know you have style but on this side a town looking like a Barbie won’t win you any points.”

I looked at her in horror. “so you reckon they’ll beat me up if I wear this?” I asked shock.

“You probably won’t even get in.” she said shuffling through the bag of clothes I had brought until she gave me one of the sluttiest dresses I possessed.

“You don’t seriously want me to wear that do you?” I asked eyeing the limited piece of cloth in her hand with disdain. It was one of the dresses Marissa a girl in my click at school had bought me for my 18th, needless to say it left nothing much for the imagination.

“Alison, if you want to mingle into this society you need to try and fit in.” she said encouragingly

“does that mean wearing slutty dresses?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“for starters. You shouldn’t go calling anyone’s dresses slutty tonight. And secondly, you shouldn’t see it as anything vulgar. For us this is what common girls wear. We like to be sexy. We are very much in touch with our sensuality.” She said holding a reasonable argument.

“I’m sure Antonio agrees to all this sexiness right?”

She rolled her eyes. “I’ve stopped caring about what he thinks or says a while back. So, are you gonna take my advice Or would you prefer a gang beating?” she asked innocently.

“gee, give me a sec to think about that. it’s a tough one.” I said sarcastically and grabbed the dress from her.

I wasn’t so sure ‘mingling’ was my thing. In fact I was certain I had nothing to do here. For Christ sake everyone hated me here. Antonio had made that pretty clear. So, the question was, what the hell was I doing here?