Oh, oh so that's why.

I quickly flip it around and carry on reading.

"So what's the book you're reading?" He asks me, even though it is written in huge words in the front of the book.

I point at the name, and carry on reading. Well, pretending to read.

"Charlottes web?" He asks me again, is he trying to make small talk with me? Cause I don't know about you but I'm not talking to him. Like ever.

I turn around and face the window so my back is facing him.

"You are very terrible at this dude" Joe calls out from the front of the car.

"Last time I checked, you have never even touched a girl before." Jayden defends himself, and I can't help but smirk.

"Whatever, at least I don't rape people"

"I didn't rape her!"

"Yea, and I'm the president"

"Seriously dude?"

"What? I thought we were playing the lying game"

"You come up with the worst comebacks"

"Mmm ok whatever rapist"

"What I'm—"

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I yell, interrupting the stupid argument.

"What is even wrong with you two?" I ask, not wanting an answer.

"Well we—"

"Shut up Joe!"

Doesn't he know what a rhetorical question is?

"But you asked—"

"I said shut up! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to read this dumb book" I say, ending the conversation.

••••••••••••••••••••
I walk up the stairs and into my room (the guest room). But for some reason I saw Mrs Harebottle sitting on my bed and reading a note.

She was so invested in what she was reading that she didn't even notice that I was there.

Well to be fair, no one ever notices me anyway.

"Um...can I help you?" I ask her, trying to be as kind as possible. Even though I'm well aware that that wasn't the kindest way to say it.

"Come sit next to me" she says, as she ignores my questions and pats the bed.

I do as she says and stare at her.

I know it's weird but I just wanted her to know that she was making me uncomfortable.

"I...why didn't you tell me that your father is in jail ,honey?" She asks me, looking at me for a while then turning back to the letter.

"How do you know?" I ask her, ignoring her question, because she didn't answer my question and also because I don't know how to answers that question.

The normal answer would be "because it's none of your business" but that wouldn't be respectful...I think...

"Here you go, read this letter, it's all in the letter"

Dear Chloe
You must be wondering why your life has been so miserable.

Well I will gladly tell you why.

My name is Veronica Parks, I'm 26 years old and I was your fathers side chick 4 years ago.

He begged me to be friends with you so I could get in and out of your house without your mothers suspicions.

But he ended up leaving me, and because of that, I will make you and your father suffer.

Your dad is in jail because of me, so don't think you and your stupid friend had anything to do with it.

Your turn is coming. So watch out.

Love and respect, your bestie Stacy

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys! Thank you for reading this chapter.

How was it?

Please vote, comment and share

<33