Chapter #18

Jeff couldn't believe where his wild party life had lead him know. Getting high around the dinning table with Tony and Mel trying to pull off a grand romantic moment, while scrap-booking.

Having stopped at a crafter surplus store on the way over Tony picked up $100 in stuff to put their scrapbook diaries together. Jeff hardily accepted the simpler task of tearing off the blank edges of the notes printed on yellow paper using patterned rulers. With a glue stick apply the notes on slight angles to more decorative paper to be reinserted into the clear protective binders after Mel and Tony finish with them. Knowing the woman the best Mel creates a collage cover for Camilla's book attempting to appeal to the person. Tony placed as much love and attention as possible into Berri's cover. A few times Mel and Tony had to back away from the table to prevent falling tears from tainting their work. Jeff didn't cry, only found them amusing.

While scheming they figured under K.I.S.S. the Purple Hippo Wednesday Ladies Night would be best. Jeff actually noted the place isn't romantic. Mel and Tony inform him the Purple Hippo was once a burger-shack that was Camila's and Berri's first job as waitresses in their early teens. Jeff then understood why it would work but still pointed out not very romantic. Outvoted on local Jeff realized Mel and Tony are now running this show. Tony did agree the large size of the space they couldn't completely decorate. Which led to the pair talking about home make-over shows done in weekends. Uninterested in that Jeff took a break from tearing paper to rolling one.

Struggling to get a lighter to flic on a flame Jeff grumbles about needing a couple sticks to rub together which has Mel think about outdoor fires and camping. Mel and Tony stop talking with the same perfect idea turning to the other uttering Mongolian Yurt. Jeff's not sure what that is but it excites Tony into writing out a list Mel helps with. One main thing will be required but Mel thinks it can be pulled off cheaply using second hand shops. Mel tells Jeff he's taking another $300 from their trip fund to buy used bedding, Jeff merely shrugged. Thinking that a perfect cheap solution Tony saw them pulling this off.

Tonight she'll inform the Hippo staff their plan and request their help to come in early Wednesday and set the place up. Jeff suggests Tony should keep Berri occupied for the day. Agreeing Tony figures she'll also ask co-workers what supplies are running low for an excuse to run errands with Berri for the club.

The only variable was Camilla, ensuring she'll be there Jeff calls his new friend Sadie. Seeing a bit more in that Tony said she'll find the contact numbers for the ladies that know Berri and Camilla well, to be there mainly for cover. Also call the other ladies telling them the club will be closed for the night. Sounding like an intervention of love to Jeff, he laughed a little manically.

Inspiring Mel to inquire on Jeff and Tony's feelings towards dating one another. Again Jeff ended up in a conversation he never thought he'd have. As mediator, council and ref Mel cutely interviews them. A slow start but helped them see each other out of the work place. Tony and Jeff were on the same page in feelings of nervous excitement. Also noting fears of things going wrong they discuss possible and actual occurrences. This leads Jeff to an odd pact he never thought he'd make, but Tony got behind. Both having concerns sex may just be because its' with someone new praying for something better. So there would be no sex between them for at least three months to give them an opportunity to see if they truly like the other. Tony has one request for at least one romantic date night a week that Jeff has to plan. And they have to speak on the phone to each other at least once a week. Jeff has no problem with those requests.