T e n

Yasu's POV

Moon breathing? A breathing style? Me?

I snap out of my thoughts and see that the uppermoon one is distracted. I quickly run outside into the safety of the sunlight.

I look back to see that the uppermoons and the demon king are by the exit, looking down at me. They all look confused and angry... especially the demon king.

"...That's my... breathing form..." The six-eyed demon mutters, his wrist already regenerated. 

Without answering, I turn my back to them and run off into the forest.

---

I've been running for so long.

I collapsed beside a house, catching my breath. I can't run anymore.

I see a figure approaching. I can kind of make out who it is? Is that.. Tokito-san?

"...Yasu?" He mumbles, crouching next to me. 

I remember Rengoku-san telling me that Tokito-san has bad memories. He remembered my name, though. 

"Hello, Tokioto, san..." I say between breaths, inhaling deeply. 

He examines me. "Are you back from your mission..?"

I close my eyes, still breathing heavily. With all the energy I have left, I nod my head. I don't have the strength to explain right now.

He yawns and grabs my arm. Within a second he lifted me up like I was a feather. "I'm sleepy. Let's go get you some water and..." He yawns again. "...and I can go get sleep... Do whatever you want, just don't make a mess."

Sounds good to me. He places me down on his porch, leaving me behind. 

I lay there for a while. When I finally had my breath back, I got up slowly and walked inside to his home. 

From what I heard Tokito-san is very talented. He is only 14, well still older than me, he became a hashira! They said something about his ancestor possibly being strong too, and it runs in the family's blood. 

I turn to walk outside. My legs still ache in pain, but I need to go home. Tokito-san will be okay. He'll probably forget that I was even here, so I'll be fine. 

I dash off into the street, running towards the flame hashira's estate. On my way, I spot the love hashira's estate and I can see that Kanroji-san is examining the flowers. 

"Hello, Kanroji-san!" I smile, and she looks up. When she sees me she jumps up.

"Kyahh! Yasu!! You're back from your very first mission!" She squeals, running up to me and giving me a big, choking hug.

"Auf! K-kanroji-san...? You- you're choking me.." I spit out, and she immediately lets go of me. 

She covers her face in embarrassment. "Uahh!! I'm so sorry, Yasu!!"

I laugh. It's good to be back... but my thought trails back to Kota I left. I didn't mean to leave her. I thought it was the best choice. Her dad is an uppermoon, and if I escaped with her, I probably wasn't going to be strong enough to defend both of us. My heart feels like it weighs a ton.

"Oh, Yasu. Your crow came back and reported something strange." Kanroji snaps me back into reality, and I look up to face her.

"What is it?"

"Well, the crow reported that you got saved by this girl, and she took you into a building. You never came out again."

That was when I got teleported by a blood demon art. I don't think it's the best time to say that I met the uppermoons.