Chapter 9

Once Barry shakes his head from being shocked, Oliver starts shaking and Barry says, "Hold him!" As Diggle holds Oliver down, Lydia holds onto Oliver's hand and Diggle says, "He's not going to make it." Lydia says, "He will. We just have to find out what's in his system." Barry says, "I-I-I usually only work on dead people." Lydia says, "Barry!" Barry says, "Alright. I can think of four possible diagnoses for what's causing his body to react this way." Barry grabs a flashlight and looks at Oliver's eyes and he continues to say, "Make that three possible diagnoses. Two. Start chest compressions." Diggle starts the compressions and Barry grabs a needle and says, "I need to get to his arm." Barry grabs a dose of Oliver's blood and Barry says, "Got it. He's suffering from intravenous coagulation." Lydia says, "What?" Barry says, "His blood is unnaturally clotting. It's like maple syrup." Lydia says, "You can save him, right?" Barry takes a few seconds to answer, and he says, "Alright." Barry walks away and then he comes back with a box, and he says, "Lucky you guys have a rat problem." Diggle says, "You kidding? That'll kill him!" Barry says, "He dies if I don't." Diggle looks at Lydia and says, "Lydia..." Lydia looks at Barry and says, "Do it!" Barry says, "Just the right amount of this stuff will think his blood enough to get it circulating again." Barry then puts the liquid into Oliver and Diggle says, "He's crashing." Lydia has tears in her eyes, and she says, "Ollie, stay with me!" A few moments later, Oliver's heart beats back to normal and Lydia hears Barry gasping and her Diggle turn around to see Oliver choking Barry, and Diggle grabs onto Oliver and says, "Oliver, let him go." Lydia says, "Oliver!" Oliver lets go of Barry and he stands up and he says, "What the hell is going on?" Lydia says, "You were injected with a strong-acting blood coagulant." Barry coughs and says, "You would have stroked out, but fortunately you had a very effective blood thinner handy. Warfarin. Better known as rat poison." Diggle says, "The kid saved your life, Oliver." Lydia says, "This is the point in a life-saving emergency where you thank the person that did the life-saving." Oliver looks at Lydia and says, "You told him who I am." Lydia says, "Yeah, I did." Oliver says, "That's not your secret to tell, Lydia. I decide who finds out my identity." Lydia says, "Well, we didn't have time to get your vote what with you unconscious and dying." Lydia walks around the table and stands in front of Oliver. Oliver says, "What happens if he leaves here and goes right to the police?" Lydia says, "He wouldn't do that." Barry says, "I wouldn't do that." Lydia says, "I trust him." Oliver says, "I don't!" Lydia says, "What are you going to do? Put an arrow in him?" Oliver looks at Barry and says, "I am considering it." Lydia looks at Barry and says, "Don't worry, he's kidding!" Lydia looks back at Oliver and she continues to say, "How's this any different from when your mother shot you and you came to me for help?" Barry says, "Your mother shot you?" Lydia says, "Or when you brought Dig down here when he was poisoned with curare." Oliver angrily says, "Well, the difference is that I did my homework on Dig and your my best friend! I don't just tell people easily." Barry says, "Uh, I-I'm not going to tell anyone. And you don't have to thank me, but you should thank her instead of being kind of a jerk." Oliver walks right up to Barry invading is personal space and Barry continues to say, "Mr. Queen." Oliver's phone then beeps. Oliver says, "I have to go home. That man that I fought in the bunker he has what he needs to mass produce the serum from the island. And we have to stop him." As Oliver goes to walk away, Barry says, "He touched your skin when he grabbed your neck. I was able to absorb the residual oils from his skin which, when added to a gel-based polymer might be able to recreate his fingerprint." Oliver nods and he walks away. Lydia walks up next to Barry, and she says, "Never meet your heroes, right?" Barry sighs.

 Lydia walks up next to Barry, and she says, "Never meet your heroes, right?" Barry sighs