³.02

<angies pov>

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Still don't understand why you agreed to come..." I complained as soon as my mom parked the car outside of none other than Derek's house.

I understood Derek was my dad and he wanted to be present but I don't think I was sure of the whole moving in together just the three of us yet and even if my mom tried to deny it I knew there was a lot of tension.

She still loved him I think but she was going to hold herself back I knew that.

That's who she was, she stopped herself from being happy and I think it was because of me. We couldn't pretend the whole thing was okay because it wasn't if we just decided to move on from it and become a family it was going to get ruined.

There were still feelings we had to share that we hadn't yet but for now I didn't know what we were doing.

I still don't know what I felt about Derek being my dad. He had been nice and everything and helped me out a lot but it just felt wrong to call him my dad.

I felt a guilt I shouldn't feel because James didn't deserve credit for me.

I think we were all just trying to earn our spots and learning to be around each other.

"There's obviously something going on and believe me I want to leave stuff alone but I can't ignore what happened about the people looking for you. I need to figure it out" she replied while she gathered some things she had brought with her.

"Right but who exactly are those people?" I didn't know much about what was going on, not as much as she did.

I knew there was a group of alphas but that's about all and something told me my mother knew way more.

"Don't worry about it I'll handle it" she dismissed my question and went to open the door.

"Hey what happened about what we talked about? No more secrets we can't keep doing that it won't end up good" we had a really long conversation about secrets.

We had to learn how to trust each other or we were going to be back at square one and I honestly don't think we were going to make it without supporting each other.

"Right...but Angie I don't want you to worry I need to do this it's my job to protect you"

"And all I'm asking of you is to keep me in the loop" I said watching as she just paused keeping the door open.

I could tell she was used to keeping stuff to herself and doing everything on her own and I got that she only had herself but now she had me and we needed to trust each other now because that's all we had.