TWENTY SIX. run me my money vol 2

"CHANAÏS, I SWEAR DOWN, IF WE MISS OUR DINNER SLOT..." Mason trailed off, walking back up the stairs of the Air BNB to check on the girl, who he'd last seen picking out a pair of earrings to wear.

"Mason, don't rush me." She replied, kissing her teeth as she picked up her bag. Mason leant against the door off their room, and Chanaïs walked over to the full body mirror in the corner.

She glanced up at him for the first time in around half an hour, seeing him dressed casually yet neat ─── a black button up with the first two buttons undone, a simple gold chain around his neck , and some black trousers to go with it.

Whilst she quickly glanced back to adjusting her necklace, Mason had no shame in checking her out. Chanaïs wore a silk black long sleeved dress that stopped below her knees, and some matching black heels. Her hair was down and straightened thanks to Mason, and she opted for a more subtle makeup look.

Mason could see her struggling to clasp her necklace together with her acrylics, so he stepped into the room and took over from her, gently putting the jewellery together. "Thank you," she muttered softly.

His hands rested at her waist, turning her around to face him. "You look beautiful," he mumbled, a dopey smile spreading across his face as he took in her slightly reddened cheeks.

"Stop," her arms went around his neck, as they swayed a little, not breaking eye contact until Mason's leant inwards to close the gap between them. He kissed her lips a few times before settling for a long kiss, that was until Chanaïs pulled away. "You're going to waste my lipgloss."

Mason groaned as she grabbed her phone and purse, their hands intertwined. One thing about Mason that Chanaïs had learnt over time was that he absolutely loved to love. Once he found someone that had a lot of meaning to him, he was going to show them all the affection he could.

─── ༉‧₊˚✧ ───

Seated opposite Mason, Chanaïs began browsing the menu as a response to her stomach insisting she eat. She realised that no prices were labelled next to the dishes as she look on. Oh so it's expensive expensive, she thought.

Almost like he could read her thoughts, Mason spoke up. "Don't worry about the price, it's on me." Thought countless times she had told Mason that she could pay for herself, she knew how stubborn he was and how he wasn't afraid to create a scene in public, so she complied.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" Their waiter for the night asked, walking over to their table. Mason made a motion to Chanaïs to order first.

"Can I get a margarita, please?" she smiled politely, not sparing the waiter more than a glance. Mason watched as the waiter ran his hands through his hair, seemingly to fix it up a little.

"Sure you can, sweetheart. Anything else?" she almost gagged at the petname being used on her by someone who wasn't Mason, and looked up at the aforementioned man to see him with a mug on his face.

"No, that's all."

"What about you?" the immediate switch up of the waiter's tone when he spoke to Mason made him think of a thousand different ways to handle this situation.

"I'll take the same as my girl, thanks." He smiled sarcastically. The waiter didn't seem to be fazed, sending a nod before retreating back to the kitchen. "Am i fucking invisible or something?" Mason scoffed once he left.

Chanaïs smiled a little at his agitated state, before looking out towards the rest of the restaurant. Mason chose a secluded yet large place for them to dine, and its interior design had Chanaïs' eyes wandering all over.