His hands lowered to your elbows holding them in his grip. "You do know it's okay to let it all out?" He tells you softly. "You don't have to do what Wednesday does." Xavier tries to remind you. "It's okay to be vulnerable."

"You might run away once I show you that side of me." You spoke without meaning to, it was supposed to stay in your mind. Someone else was speaking for you. "You might not even speak to me afterwards."

His eyes softened, his lips parting as he spoke his next word with passion, "I would never run away from you." His hands guide themselves down towards your forearm, lightly rubbing your wrist and meeting with your hands. "I would never stop talking to you, Y/n." He then speaks lowly at a whisper, clutching both of your hands into his large bony ones. "Never."

Your lips thinned as you tore your eyes from his. His voice carried his words with such passion and care and thought in them that you would've allowed your vulnerability to be shown. Allow yourself to unstring every devastating moment. Allow the disgust of relief be riddled by empathy and sympathy. Allowing the disgust to be shadowed by relishing the suffering of your mind could finally simmer. Relishing that you were not alone but had someone by her side other than your twin sister that lacked the one thing you needed at this very moment. This once a pair of eyes adjusting to this newfound brightness of your needs and wants rather than just let their ears listen and give you the "best" advice that you needed to hear. "Don't make promises you can't keep." You told him flatly.

His hands lifted back to your face, cupping it. His thumbs swiping on your cheeks soothingly, the four of his other fingers going back into your hair, tilting your head upwards so you were met with his eyes as his bores into yours. "Good thing I know I'm keeping this one." His lips pressed together refraining them to speak again. To speak his truth of his feelings. They weren't needed at this moment. What needed at this moment was to comfort you and allow your needs to be met. Not his.

"You're just pleasing my ears." You shake your head at his promise, trying to catch him in his lies. Expecting a broken promise outside of your family. "You don't mean that."

You tugged yourself trying to pull yourself away from him, trying not to fall for his lies. The lies that sounded like a new symphony for your broken ears. A new taste for your palate. A color threatening to mix and rid of the signature white. To make you bleed crimson red. You were prepared for him to run away the chance he heard your sob story. Prepared for him to stop speaking to you entirely. Prepared to treat you with much pity and less of an outcast human being.

Large arms try to encase you in a hold that you couldn't escape from. So you walked backwards to get away from him but his long legs carried him all the way to the book shelves, trapping you there. His arms held you in a tight gentle hold, one that was filled with comfort. "I'm not running away." He places his head onto your forehead. "I refuse to." I refuse to be him, he thought. I will never be him.

"You better not be lying to me, Xavier." You spoke below a whisper, a little shocked that he could hear you. "I hate liars."

"I'll never lie to you, Moonlight." You closed your eyes. "Now tell me."

"Don't tell anyone else." You told him firstly. "Absolutely no one." It terrified you how much you trusted him. How something deep within you told you to allow him to hear every detail of the night. Of how much it hurt to bleed white rather than red.

Xavier nods his head in complete understanding. His lips would be sealed until the end of time. He was willing to take it to his grave. "I won't tell another soul." He hums softly to you, keeping his hold on you.

Squeezing your eyes shut tightly, you forced yourself to unwind to the past. To feel what you felt so you could let it all out and be gone with what was tipping your glass. The words leave your lips just as the memory lodged itself in your brain.