3

CHAPTER 3

The next morning Erìhe was running through the forest with Lo'ak, Spider, Tuk and Kiri. She would have much rather told Jake and Neytiri of their whereabouts, but she did not want to get the others in trouble. So she opted for tagging along to make sure nothing could go wrong.

Tuk crouched down to have a look at a plant and Erìhe stopped in her tracks to wait for her. "Tuk, keep up!" Lo'ak called from ahead.

"Come on," Erìhe smiled and nudged Tuk, telling her to go first.

"Okay, okay," the little girl said as she skipped ahead.

"Bro, why'd you bring her anyways?" Spider asked.

"She's such a crybaby," Lo'ak told him, "She's all - I'm telling. You're not supposed to go to the battlefield. I'll tell mom if you don't let me come," he intimated a lofty voice as he mimicked Tuk.

"Don't pick on her," Kiri told him off as Tuk stuck out her tongue at him.

Lo'ak rolled his eyes.

The group climbed higher and Lo'ak and Spider went out to check out an old abandoned samson that had been rotting away since the battle between the skypeople and Na'vi. "Are there dead bodies up there?" Tuk called to the boys.

Erìhe grinned and snuck up behind her, grabbing her shoulders in an attempt to scare her, "They are everywhere!" She laughed when Tuk let out a shrill scream and turned to look at her.

Tuk hit her hand, "Don't scare me like that!" When she was met with the laughter of the other girl, she couldn't help but giggle along with her.

Erìhe pat her head and walked in front of her to peer up at the boys, "Not too long, alright?"

"I shouldn't have let you come!" Came Lo'ak's response from inside the the helicopter.

"It was either I come along or I told your mother!" Erìhe chuckled.

"You're just like Tuk!" Lo'ak called, peeking his head from the shattered window of the helicopter.

Tuk's mouth fell open as she looked at Erìhe, "Was that an insult?"

Erìhe nodded solemnly, "I believe it was."

"I'll get you, Lo'ak!" Tuk yelled and started climbing up the tree. Erìhe laughed as she watched the girl heading toward Spider and Lo'ak. The two boys pretended to be frightened and screamed as they scrambled to get out of the samson.

The four of them played tag for some while before Spider noticed that Kiri was missing. "Got you!" Tuk squealed as she tapped Spider and ran off again.

Spider didn't move, "Where's Kiri?" He asked.

Erìhe stopped running and looked around, "I'm not sure.. she's probably doing that weird thing again," she shrugged before playfully snarling at little Tuk who had just ran past her, "I'll get you!" She called as she took off after the girl, hopping over plants.

The reason why she wasn't concerned was because Kiri did that weird thing rather often. It was nothing to be worried about.

"I'll go look for Kiri," Spider told them before heading off into another direction.

When Erìhe caught up to Tuk again and lifted her up in her arms, Tuk struggled for a second before laying limp, pretending to be dead. Erìhe laughed as she set her down, "We should go look for Kiri and Spider. It's getting late," she said and turned to look at Lo'ak who had found his way over to them.

"Kiri!" Tuk called as she led the three of them through the bushes.

"Kiri," Lo'ak said.

"Kiri!" Tuk repeated once they hopped over roots and saw Spider with Kiri sitting on the grass, "We've got to get back."