𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬

Comenzar desde el principio

- You'll get used to it," Antonella put her hand on my thigh and patted it, reassuringly.

I don't think so.

******

Today was one of those special days. Mel must be sitting up by now, waiting for it all to be over.

The thought made me chuckle.

- Is she here? - Iniesta asked.

They all know Melissa and the situation they're in. I expected them to treat me badly because of what I did, but they got into my situation and were supportive.

- Yeah, I hope she makes it to the end," everyone laughed at the joke.

- You know, we'll help you keep her here till the end.

********

The teams are taking a closer look, with Barça more to themselves and Villarreal more to their opponents. Most probably, the hosts were expecting to see a few more players in the squad. Barça have Pedro and Maxwell recovered, while Krkic and Leo himself are also questionable. The hosts will be without Senna and Angel. However, the Catalans will, in a way, be more comfortable because their opponents are a bit closer to them in terms of style. There are some people on the replacements who will bring both the scheme and the team's game to a more familiar form, but for now we are looking at the fact.

The scouting dragged on.

Seventh minute, Busquets managed to get on Rossi's tail as he raced one-on-one with Valdes.

In the ninth minute, Villa didn't suspect he was offside. But he didn't score either - he shot straight at the goalkeeper.

There was very little play as such and the anticipation of the extravaganza drags on. However, judging by its development we can say even more - the extravaganza is unlikely to happen. It'll be a hard-fought game and Barça will have no time for extravagance. Not with this squad, anyway.

Fifteenth minute, Bruno got a card for a foul on Mascherano with his boot.

Barça's defenders hesitated, which Rossi took advantage of by scoring.

Meanwhile, Adriano took a shot on goal. Lopez had some problems but he got it in. Alves earned a corner on the right flank, Pique failed to adjust on the far post to lock the ball down with his foot.

The Barcelona anthem was sung over the stadium by the supporters.

In the fortieth minute, Pique's shot was played into the air. Melissa only rolled her eyes at this spectacle.

Pique is increasingly moving into midfield, now there was a unassisted cross into Lopez's hands.

Villas missed a shot from the line, coolly evading a defender on the turn. The goalkeeper wasn't expecting a close-range shot and was caught out, but the ball went wide of the post.

Marchena has a shot on Alves's legs. No, more like in the face. Although, on the replay it's not clear whether he even touched him, but he got the card. No, he stepped on his hand.

Leo instead of Keita. And Alves is back and he's already shot just over the goal.

Barça switched on the pressure, but Villarreal came out and even held a counterattack. Adriano got ahead of Rossi! A delayed penalty for Alves, who hit Valero on the thigh from behind as the attack developed.

Afellay put the ball into the goalkeeper's hands. His game was clearly not going well. Messi had passed several opponents before, Piquet was on a parallel course, he had a one-on-one pass to him, but Gerard did not run, thinking he was offside.

GOOL! 0:1! Piquet!

Piquet chested the ball in and plunged it straight into his left nine before Lopez could get out of the box. Leo was the first to come running up to congratulate Gerard. His exit, as it were, added variety to the Barça.

Ortega smiled at the sight of that picture, which made Antonella wonder about her relationship with Gerard. More specifically about their future.

There was a suspicion of a counter-attack, Pique playing coolly in the air, intercepting a possible one-on-one.

Alves took a shot on goal, Lopez had some trouble getting the ball to the corner. A serve, everyone ran past the ball, a cross, but Iniesta was on the rebound.

- Three minutes added to half time! - the commentator's excited words could be heard.

That's it, Barcelona win and take an eight-point lead over Real Madrid for the remainder of the season.

****

I stood with Antonella and waited for the boys to congratulate them and head home. Gerard came out all sweaty but so happy. I couldn't help but smile. When he noticed me, he came up to me and hugged me. It was so unexpected for me that I opened my eyes wide and stood in a stupor.

- Did you like it? - his eyes were hopeful.

- It was beautiful," I exhaled.

Hey, literally in half an hour it's my birthday, I'm turning 15! It's so exciting!)