Come Back to Texas

• Dedicated to Preston

Chapter 1

    My name is Sadie Weirly. I'm your average Texas girl. Go to rodeos, ride horses, cowboy boots the whole 9 yards. i'm going to tell you the most beautiful love story that i expirenced right before my eyes. But, before i do that I want to tell you about myself. I'm tall, i have long red hair and I'm a freckle face. My eyes are green as emeralds and my smile is dazzling. okay maybe I'm over exagerating but still.

    Well, that I've covered myself I want to tell you about this Love shanangin. My "sister-from-another-mister", Clark Robertson, man shes a real beauty. Tall long toned legs, long black hair, baby blue eyes as blue as the sky, and a real athlete. She is movie star gorgeous. Lives in the house next to me in Aubery. She is the nicest girl in school and at her work people just tip her for looking pretty I'm guessing. It's summertime right now. Which means, everyday at 7AM we are off in her jeep to the stables taking care of Lulu, Clark's horse, and Jujubee, my Arabian beaut.

     One morning, I was taking the horse out to our pasture when I ran into one of the other horse owners. We talked, his name was Scott Manning. Man that boy was as hot as a hot Texas Day in the middle of July. He gave me his number and told me to call him later. So, I obliged. After I put Juju in the pasture, I ran back to the stable. "Guess who got a boys number?!" i squealed.

   "You dirty little slut." Clark said smiling. "Ohh girl you know it,." I un buttoned my shirt and tied it and the ends and did a little butt shake. "Shake that junk cowgirl!" Clark screamed.

   This girl is my best friend and these inncedints are pretty normal. We cleaned out the stalls and took the horses for a ride. it was a beautiful warm morning for riding. The sun was still coming up and the birds were just waking up to find their worms. "Hey Sadie?"

"Hey what." I replied.    "I'm thinking about trying to find a boy-toy." She said.

"You mean, a man candy?" I said in a horase low voice. Sadie bursted out laughing and said yes. Then i said in a heroic voice, "Then i will save the cowgirl tied to the tracks!" I thrusted my fist into the air. "Come Hither and we shall ride thy steeds to the stable. Then i sall drive to Dennys for thy breakfeast. A true feast!" Sadie started Laughing. "Your such a loser."

"Well miss Clark Kent, dont ya think i already figured that out?"

We got back to the stables and put the horses in the stables and jumped in the jeep. We got to Dennys and Sadie ran inside like a little kid.

I walked in and i said in a Thick Texas Man Voice, "I would like an adult menu and the Little Lady here would like a kids please ma'm."

"Alright, Come with me Sadie." said Jenny the hostess she always works Thursdays and she knows my "comic voices".

"Hello here, I'm Scott and I'll be your server."

"Hey! Your the guy who i talked to at the stables!"

"Thats right and is this your friend."

"Ya this is Clark, Shes single." I did a very obvious wink. Sadie chocked on her water and spit it all over me.

"What the hell Clark! That is not what a little lady acts like!" I screamed. I'm pretty sure everyone in the resturanut was staring at us now and Scott was rolling on the ground laughing. I grabbed Clark and Ran out of there back to the Jeep. I turned the car on and Started driving home.

We looked at each other and Bursted out laughing. I just didnt have going through my mind that the dick-waiter, would soon steal my best friends heart. I mean just think we could walk by our future husbands, wives, boyfriends or girlfriends. I just would have never thought.

"Do you want to go to the rodeo tonight?" Sadie asked. "I'm Barrel racing and i need a partner."

"Sure as long as i dont get spit on again." I smiled. We pulled into her driveway and got out. We both went into our houses got changed in to shorts and tshirts and got in either one of our cars then went to the mall or to the rodeo to check out the guys getting ready or practicing. Sometimes we help the younger Barrel racers. Today we decided to go to the mall so we could get some cute cowgirls outfits for tonight.

"What do you think of Scott. Maybe we should call him Scotty!!" I told Clark as we were walking into the mall.

"No way Jose."

"Clark, do i look like a mexican?"

"Actually you kinda do." Clark told me. I grabbed her arm and pulled into the bushes and i punched her in the arm. Then we causually walkied into the entrance with a ton of people watching us. We found Urban Outfitters and walked in.

"What do you think of these? They're really out there but i think we can pull them off." Clark said holding up a pair of tacky pencil Jeans. I knew she was joking. I forced a laugh which made me laugh more.

"What about this? The faded jeans look hot on our legs and the new high rise fit looks uder sexy cowboy." I said.

"What are we cowboy strippers?" She asked. "No, not if you want us to be." I said winking.

"Actually, I kinda like those. Are they in a 4?" Clark asked.

"Yep and they have them in my size too."

"Lets get them. And we both have matching Flannels from the last Rodeo. All we need is like rocking cowboy hats and boots." nagged Clark. The Jeans we got were Dark Blue wash and the were faded on the legs and were actually really hot. We went to the shoe place to get cowboy boots and the party store for sequin Cowboy hats. We decided to drive over t the outdoor arena where the rodeos are on the otherside or town before we went home. We stopped and reported that we were there and headed home.

    Now this is where the fun begins, I think to myself. Clark got out of my car and ran to go get her shirt and all her hair and make up crap. I headed up to my room where i have my huge closet and bathroom and got all my stuff out.

  "I still can't get over your house and how big it is."

  "Clark, our house are almost exactly alike."

  "I know but i didnt get this room my older brother did."

 I jumped in the shower frist while Clark was finding some good Country tunes on the radio to jam out to. After I got out Clark jumped in and i put on my undershirt and shorts and opend up my make up drawers. Clark jumped out and put on her tshirt and shorts and joined me but she was in her other mirror.

  "Howdy girls." Clarks mom said walking i and my mom trailing behind her with two salds one with steak and the other with chicken. Clark shot up and grabbed the salads and I got up gave my mom and Juile (Clarks Mom) a hug.

"You girls excited for the rodeo tonight. Words around town you too are doing a double barrel run." Juile told us.

"Ya and Juile and i are coming tonight to support the boys who are bull riding. We're working the gates." My mom said.

"Yes we are!" Clark said with a mouth full of salad. Our moms were bestfriends as kids and now they live next door and their daughters are best friends.

"Well Juile, we better leave these girls so they can get all beautified up! Let us know if you need anything. K' Girls?"

"yes ma'm" Clark and I said in unison. We turned back to the mirrors and eating our salads we talked about Scott. I was super excited for tonight. Cowboys, food, Racing, the night air. I never understood how anyone wouldnt want to live here.