Ch.8 Retreat

~Y/n pov~

Everyone arrived early at m their casual clothes as we were having a boot camp.

Girls gushed over Hyungsuk as he arrived.

How are they so loud and lively this early in the morning?

I grumbled tiredly as I sleepily followed Jaeyeol and lined up.

There was a hushed chatter as some teacher gave us a speech that no one listened to.

And then, it was time to get on the buses.

I immediately sat down in a seat next to Jaeyeol despite Haneul's complaints.

My brain shut off as I stopped listening the the conversation around me and rested my head comfortable against Jaeyeol's shoulder.

Hyungsuk got on the bus and sat right beside teacher.

The teacher tensed and looked at the boy in bewilderment.

The boy in question, sat there awkwardly beside the teacher.

"Hyungsuk, what are you doing? Your seats right here." One of Jinsung's group yelled as he patted the chair next to him.

I covered my ears in annoyance as the bus got loud.

Jaeyeol pat my shoulder to get my attention.

He handed me a pair of headphones that I dumbly stared at for a few seconds before putting on.

They were cushioned so it didn't hurt to lean my head back against Jaeyeol's shoulder.

I smiled tiredly and thanked him.

Jaeyeol smiled and patted my head.

Wrapping my arms around Jaeyeol's waist, I sunk into his warmth.

Jaeyeol moved his hand from my head and wrapped his arm around my waist in a side hug.

After a few moments, I was rocked to sleep by the buses steady movement.

~*~

When I next opened my eyes, we were already there.

Jaeyeol didn't wake me up for the halfway break and instead stayed with me on the bus and let me sleep.

My heart swelled at his actions. Why am I always feeling like this recently?

I yawned sleepily and tried to smooth down my hair.

Jaeyeol simply smiled at me and moved to neaten up my hair.

"Thanks." I mumbled as we excited the bus.

The instructors were already there waiting for us.

There was lots of hushed conversation commenting on the instructors appearance.

Why do they even care that much?

"We will check your luggage."

Why are there only male instructors?

I would prefer to have my luggage checked by a female since it contains my clothes.

Reluctantly, I handed my bag over to the instructor as he looked through it.

He stared at me intensely for a few seconds, sending shivers down my spine.

Why do I have such a bad feeling about this?

He handed my bag back to me and walked further down the line.

I quickly checked through my disorganised luggage to make sure everything was still there.