Part 9 - Abby's concern

Lexa POV

It has been two weeks since Clarke won against Sasha. She is distant but is coming to the reality that her friends betrayed her. I look at her every day and see progress. I am trying to teach her to trust me, but she has a wall up. Every day that wall breaks one layer at a time. She is strong and that is why I picked her.

Clarke POV

Lexa, the Commander, has been trying to break me and turn me into one of her warriors. I will not break, but she has a point. My people betrayed me. They let the Grounders take me. They have treated me well, but they made me earn that respect by taking a life, the life of one of my own people.

The Commander has been trying to teach me Trigedasleng, their language, and I try not to pay attention, but their language is interesting to me. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to trust them. They didn't treat me wrong; they are just used to their own ways. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Lexa talking.

"Clarke, are you paying attention?" She asks. I just nod my head and we continue with the lesson.

Abby's POV

Clarke has been missing for too long. Octavia is trying to remember what she can but it's all a blur to her. She remembers there is a clearing in the trees, but that's it.

"Octavia, do you want to head out and try to remember the area where they took you?" I ask her.

"Sure, I will do anything to help find Clarke." She responds and looks over at Jasper. "I'm putting you in charge until I get back." She says. I smile at the responsibility she is taking on.

We were heading to the woods and heard something in the bushes. Octavia pulls me behind a tree and we listen closely. "yu don odon well"(You have done well.) I hear a female voice say. "ai know the transition kom your ways kom our was hard, ba yu laik a great fighter en will become ai second." (I know the transition from your ways to ours was hard, but you are a great fighter and will become my second.)

"Thank you, Commander." Another female voice said. I look at Octavia with hope in my eyes.

"That was Clarke. I know her voice, that was her." I say standing up to look around but there was nobody there. The forest was empty except for Octavia and me.

Octavia POV

"Abby, she understood the Grounder language." I tell Abby.

"No, she would never give up. She would never give in to the Grounders." Abby screams. "I know my daughter, she wouldn't." Abby says falling to her knees looking defeated. I can't imagine what Abby is going through.

"Abby," I say softly pulling her to her feet. "Clarke is strong and would never give up, but right now we have to go. If the Commander is here, then there has to be more." I tell her as we start to sneak away.

We get to the camp and I immediately find Bellamy. "We need to talk." I say walking past him into the Drop Ship.

"What now?" He asks with hate in his voice.

"It's about Clarke, Bell." I tell him and he stiffens. "Abby and I saw her in the forest. She," I didn't even get it all out when he cuts me off.

"What! Where? We need to go get her." I know Bellamy cared about Clarke and would do anything to protect her.

"Bell, she was with the Grounders." I tell him as I see the worry in his eyes.

"What? Is she okay? Is she hurt?"

"Bell, No. She was WITH the Grounders. She understood Trigedasleng, The Grounder language. And she was having a conversation with the Commander, not fighting, but a normal conversation." I tell him as he sinks to his knees.

Bellamy POV

"This is all my fault. She probably thinks we all betrayed her." I accidentally say out loud.

"You did Bellamy. You basically traded her life for mine." O tells me.

"Leave me." I say quietly.

"Bell, I.."

"Just leave me alone!" I snap at her. She looks down before leaving. I can't believe I betrayed her. I stood up and clenched my fist. "It's all my fault!" I yell to no one and punch the wall.