Christmas Soulmate (Oneshot)

Start from the beginning

Lilia gave him a challenging smile. "We don't know what year it will be."

"Exactly how that makes this a little challenge. Let's see who can find their soulmate first."

"Game on, Xavier."

Cater and Kalim chuckled at the two. They were absolutely, positively amusing. Xavier then remembered something and turned to Cater. "You haven't told us when you'll be kissed, Cater. We've shared our dates. You share yours. It's only fair, no?"

Cater gave Xavier a shocked look before giving him a sheepish smile. "I've actually already kissed my soulmate. It's Trey and it happened last year the day of his birthday."

Xavier cooed while Cater blushed madly. Kalim then grabbed Xavier's hand. "Hey, can we chat for a minute?"

Although Kalim was smiling, Xavier caught the serious tone underneath the excitement. Xavier smiled and nodded, walking out of the room with Kalim. No one batted an eye.

Once they were out, Kalim gave Xavier a confused look. "Isn't your date December 25th? You told me that, didn't you?"

Xavier had in fact shown him his date. It was a day when Lilia and Cater were off getting something for the two to drink and he showed Kalim. Xavier sighed. "I don't want to get too wrapped up with it. We could find different people and they could be our soulmates. We don't know what year we'll be kissed. All we know is the month and day."

Kalim gave him an understanding look. Despite being oblivious, he could tell how it ate at Xavier. He'd keep quiet for Xavier's sake. So, he decided to change topics. "Are you going to host a Christmas party?"

"At Ramshackle? You must be joking. That place is barely livable."

"I can get someone remodel it for you. You could even stay with me while it's getting remodeled!"

Xavier pursed his lips as he thought it over. It would be nice to host a Christmas party at Ramshackle. The ghosts would enjoy the guests too. Xavier sighed. "Just make sure it's simple, okay!"

Kalim nodded. "Okay!"

The two then went back to the club room.

...

After Azul's overblot, Xavier went through with the remodeling. He has prepared a list so the people remodeling had a basic idea of what he wanted.

Kalim wasn't upset that he was going to be camping in Heartslabyul instead and simply waved him along. So, Xavier camped in Heartslabyul while his dorm got remodeled. And of course he brought Grim. Because he didn't trust the furry rascal.

When the remodeling was done, he invited Ace, Deuce, Lilia, Cater, and Kalim in first. He was quite proud of the new look.

Nothing was broken now. The walls were a nice deep blue, the floor was still wood, the furniture was replaced with better furniture, all the rooms had been cleaned up, and the kitchen didn't look so bad anymore.

Xavier smiled at them. "Can you see me hosting a Christmas party in here?"

Affirmative nods gave him the answer he needed. Xavier clapped his hands with a smile. "It'll be perfect for those who won't be going home for the holidays. Say, Lilia, if Diasomnia isn't going home, I'd be more than happy to welcome you."

Lilia smiled at him. "That would be lovely. Thank you, Xavier. You're very kind."

"I'm just trying to figure out who I'm going to host, you know."

Kalim looked in between the two. Was he the only one seeing the mutual pining? One look at Ace and Deuce suggested that no, he wasn't. Ace had his face scrunched up and Deuce was looking between the two with curious glances.