37 ' blazing red '

His eyes were blazing red and the cigarette in his mouth puffed smoke my way.  He attempted to smack me across the face but I protected my face with my hands. I felt some slight blood drip out from my hands.

He reached for his small pistol and I did the same, anticipating his next move.  He quickly and strategically held up the gun to my head as i just as quickly did the same.

" Why didn't you shoot him? " My father yelled and I managed to stay calm.

" Bullets obviously weren't doing much damage." It wasn't an obvious lie but I could easily pretend I didn't know, what Saron's gun was capable of.

"  You let them escape." My father said accusingly.  After I decided not to shoot Fortin, I called the guards off and we all exited the warehouse and trapped them inside.

We called for backup and turned on the shooker. We could hear them from the outside screaming and growling, then we heard fierce force. They began scratching and throwing themselves against the walls. By the time our backup had arrived they had escaped out of the warehouse and ran into the woods.

Which meant only one thing: we were dead meat. Fortin would call for backup and since we couldn't threaten him with his mate anymore, he had no reason to not act impulsively. We all knew it then and there after he escaped.

Our Mafia was done for.

" Maybe if you weren't sitting your ass in a safe bunker you'd understand. " I told my father, who pushed the gun even harder against my forehead and I did the same.

" You're the one who's supposed to take after me after I die. Killing a faggot or anyone else who is any less perfect should be like second nature to you. " My father stated and my jaw tightened. He was right about that. It should have been second nature for me.

Saron took a seat in a comfortable chair while my father and I argued. He seemed to be deep into his thoughts and finally he spoke.

" Your son has his own lover, go ahead tell him." Saron said, causing me to tighten my hand around the trigger. I expected a stupid grin to appear on Saron's stupid face, but it never came. He appeared to not find any humor in the fact that he was so close to finally  ostracizing me. I didn't want to tell my father and it wasn't because I was ashamed of it.  But because it was none of his damn business and I wouldn't let him harm Tae.

Once I said nothing Saron decided to speak for me. " He's gay." I wanted nothing more than to choke the life out of the Bastard but instead I stared my father down. My father's eyes had narrowed and he frowned. My stomach started to twist and my lunch wanted to spill from my guts. It was a horrible feeling like I'd been shot in the stomach and my heart had stopped thumping.

" I always knew that." My father finally spoke, causing my hands on the gun to almost slip. ' What did he just say ? ' I wondered as my eyes widened and Saron froze.

" I don't care who you fucking bed, all I care about is you not becoming an outcast. "  He said it with an annoyed tone as if I was the crazy one.

" What are you saying ?" I questioned because I really didn't understand the intent behind his words. Was he actually accepting me ?

" Keep your dirty secrets to yourself, nobody needs to know you're gay." I felt my hands go limp and my face fell. My father had just called the most caring and kindest person in my life a dirty secret. I found myself disappointed even though I should've known he'd say that.

" I don't care what people think. " I fearlessly state, causing my father to raise a skeptical eyebrow. 

" Then that will be your downfall, your relationship with men should never blossom into anything more than sex. You cannot go out and marry men, that's just you asking to be killed." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Did he really think I chose to have the feelings I had for Tae? Did he think I didn't want to be normal ?  Did he really think I deserved to be dead ?