f i f t y - t w o ; stefan

/// this was one of the many requests I've been working on, I hope you enjoy it, because it took me so many days to write and I don't think there'd be anything worse than disappointing my readers. (:

Imagine always going to Stefan after arguing with your boyfriend and him always being there for you // Based on Take It Out On Me by Florida Georgia Line

Tears were running down on your cheeks as you weakly knocked on the front door of the Salvatore house. You prayed in your mind for Damon to be elsewhere, and for Stefan to open the door and take you into his arms. It was past eleven, it was dark and cold outside, and your face was freezing because of the tears that you quickly wiped away when you heard footsteps approaching the door. You hated to do this to Stefan, use him for comfort, and then go back to your boyfriend, who was always starting arguments and fights and hurting your feelings. You ended up going to Stefan, every time. He was the best person at that point, he was your best friend. Although he wanted more of you, and he was hoping you'd just leave your asshole of a boyfriend. 

The door was opened, and you smiled weakly when you saw Stefan. He sighed, and gave you a look of compassion. "What'd he do this time?", he asked, his voice bitter and full of hate for the man you were still dating, after everything he had done. You let out a chuckle, it was slightly amusing how Stefan always knew something was wrong. You hated to admit it, but you barely visited him, only when you were in sadness and needed a shoulder to cry on. 

"I can tell you've been crying, Y/N", Stefan said after pulling you inside the warm house. You looked around, worried and nervous while taking your coat off and letting Stefan take it. "Damon's with Elena. Don't worry", he spoke, and you sighed in careful relief before looking over to Stefan who was softly smiling.

He took you to the living room, and sighed as you sat down on the couch. He put an arm around your body, and he pulled you closer and then closed you into a warm embrace. "I don't understand why you never just say goodbye to him, Y/N. You deserve so much better. He puts you through hell, all the time. It hurts me too see you so unhappy", Stefan explained and kissed the top of your head. You sniffled, and wiped your red puffy eyes. 

"Fool's gold", you muttered and Stefan chuckled.

"Just take it out on me, Y/N. Tell me, what did he do? I don't want you to store this inside, I need you to let it all out", he begged, and you listened to his heartbeat and breathed in his scent while pondering on how to start.

You explained everything from the beginning, and as you told the story, you realized how bad your boyfriend was to you. No good at all. And here you were, in the arms of someone who truly cared about you, who wanted your best and would only show you love and affection. Your eyes were opened during your explanation, and you couldn't help but look at Stefan and straighten your back to be on his level.

You placed your lips on his, slowly and carefully, but as soon as your mouths collided, you put more intensity into it. You leaned against him, and slowly crawled onto his lap where you continued the sweet loving kiss. He held your face with both hands, gently and you set your own ones to his waist. It was a perfect kiss, loving but with passion, and it wasn't too long nor too short. 

When you two finally let go of each other, he smiled and carried you to his room where you allowed him to set you onto his bed. He came next to you, and put an arm around your waist. You were too tired to do anything too serious, but you did share a few kisses with him before falling asleep.

"I'm going to leave him tomorrow", you mumbled, while your eyes were slipping, until they shut down and you fell asleep. But before you did, you could hear Stefan mumble something next to your ear.

"I love you, Y/N."