"21"

That was 15 years ago. I've moved on. It's not like we'll see each other again. After the first 5 years of being apart, our communication in Friendster, which changed to Facebook, stopped. No more video chats on Yahoo Mesenger, which became Skype, by the way. I don't actually know what happened. I don't really care anymore. Maybe Clara's just having so much fun in Canada that she doesn't have the time to talk to me anymore. I don't have a problem with that.

I'm happy right now. I have a job in Goldstern International- Philippines, the world's top marketing firm. I've been earning more than what fresh grads are expected to earn and I'm pretty much stable right now. I don't have a girlfriend. Why do I need one? I already have the money and the freedom that I've been yearning for so long. A girlfriend will just be a hindrance to my happiness or at least take huge parts of it. Other than that, my parents bought me a condo near my office plus they handed down the old '97 Corolla after graduation. Pretty sweet, huh? Let's just say that my life is going uphill ever since I left the University. To add to all of my successes, today's the day I'll be promoted to Senior Marketing Officer! It's not just the position I'm so excited about. They'll give me a brand new car, my own office (with a personal restroom, by the way), flexible working schedule and my own assistant. Only 4 out of the 200 apprentices get chosen every year to go higher in the ranks. This year is my year. After 5 years of kissing asses and getting drunk at client calls just to belong, this is my year. I AM SO EXCITED!

It was 5:00 PM and they haven't called all four of us in yet. Jasper, Christine, Phillip and I have been waiting in the CEO's lobby for almost an hour and a half now. While Jasper and Phillip are playing Clash of Clans (how mature, right?), Christine has been going at it with her eyeliner. Just a few more strokes, she would look like a dead corpse who was deprived of sleep for years when it was alive. Going back, I couldn't stop thinking about what was gonna happen. It was never like this, or at least I thought it wasn't. I've never been to a company's ranking ceremony ever since I started. I just didn't like it when I see myself losing. So, this is what it feels like. Maybe they're calling everyone from every department to gather. Maybe they're still waiting for our assistants to come. Maybe they're preparing our offices. Maybe I'm over thinking.

Then it happened. The bell rung and the receptionist called us in. She led us to a path that I have never seen before. It was a path going to the company's auditorium. All the employees were there. I was right. 4 stools were set up on stage, one for each of us, with our names on them. My heart was pounding. What if they made me do a speech? I'm not prepared! Then the CEO of the company went to the podium, gave his congratulatory speech. Through a huge LED screen, he showed pictures of where our offices will be, the cars they will be giving us. "Jasper Flores", he called out the first person. He shook Jasper's hand and his assistant went out on stage from backstage and congratulated him. Her name's Bella. She was an intern here during her college days, but was absorbed by the company. So, our assistants will be interns who got absorbed. Interesting. I don't know any of them since my department's way too far from Human Resources. "Christine Magsino", he called again. My heart was beating so fast, I felt it run out of my chest. Then he called me, "Martin Santos". With a smile on my face, I shook Mr. Chu's hand and then my assistant went out to welcome me. Her name is Stacey. She's pretty nice. She had brown wavy hair, black eyes, and a really pretty smile. Before we could even exit the stage, Mr. Chu called out the last person, "Phillip Sy". We stayed to congratulate Phillip and so we could exit together. As soon as he shook Mr. Chu's hand, his assitant came out. She was a tall, morena lady. She had a nice body physique, beautiful black hair, and a stance that demanded respect. She congratulated Phillip and they went towards us to exit. My eyes widened, my mouth almost opened wide, I was stuttering, and I felt like my whole world collapsed. Phillip's assistant...was Clara.