Adam Banks

Part 2 to Adam and Ella...

"Why are you being such a dick right now?" She shot, not yelling at him but rose her voice enough to show him her built up frustrations.

Adam released his hand from the steering wheel, setting it to his knee and drew quiet. It was not like him to express himself that way and he felt a mix of feelings about her stupid problem. A problem he shouldn't care about, yet did, and it was all because he was looking out for her as a best friend.

Ella waited for him to answer, but he never did and the truck grew oddly quiet. Her hair fell to her shoulder from the clip letting go and she pulled the small accessory out, toying with it. Adam remained seated and stared out the window, lifting his head as he wanted to speak up but refused to say what he wanted to.

His chest rose and fell as his stomach pitted deeply to something he'd felt before and tried ignoring. The thump in his veins continued as it egged him on to express himself but he didn't and therefore it bottled up, making him feel worst about it. The once familiar feeling of his chest aching for a good reason made him part his lips, and he finally answered her.

"Do you know how hard it is to watch someone you like run off with another person?" He asked her, eyes narrowing as he glanced out the front window now.

"Yeah, I guess." She was quiet answering him.

"No," He shook his head. "This gut retching feeling swallows you whole and even though you like someone, they don't see you. We sit back and let you go to who you want and we support you even when we don't agree because we want you happy." He felt his throat closing in, a sign of his feelings eating him alive as he tried holding them inside.

"Adam?" She furrowed her brows. "What's this about?"

"Isn't it obvious, Ella?" He finally looked over to her, having not a care for telling her how he truly felt because she was already ahead of the game. She was in the next ball park while he was sitting at bat, striking out. She could feel her stomach sinking. "I don't think we can be just best friends....One of us is gonna catch feelings."

She felt her eyes water and turned away, sucking in her harsh breath, biting her lip. Yeah, I did.

Elliana's chest and stomach collided to a heavy feeling that weighed her down. It felt like she was cold and shivering mixed with the on start of a panic attack. It was suffocating her slowly and no matter how hard she tried fighting the aching in her stomach, it continued.

Gulping, Ella looked over to see him as he was quietly tapping his fingers on the bottom of the wheel. "Ever heard about girls making guys jealous?"

He tried faking a laugh, but couldn't bring himself to. "Doesn't everyone do it?" He vaguely answered.

"It's different." She mentioned lowly, looking out the window.

"Oh, is it?" He sarcastically asked her. "Last I read, jealousy was jealousy no matter what. What does this even have to do with anything? Did you hear anything I just said?"

Ella was hurt. 

She definitely had heard him voice his opinion, but it didn't stick as she was stuck taking odd glances at him or drowning out his voice to focus on something different. Ella knew the various personality traits to Adam Banks and this was one she didn't particularly like, but least he expressed himself rather than not. 

The girl swallowed the lump in her throat, Adam was still rambling on about the topic of jealously and all while that was happening, she found herself looking at him. Her stomach was heavy feeling, like an anchor was pulling her down as she pushed the feelings and thought aside. The more Adam tapped on the steering wheel in frustration, she harder it was to resist watching and she bit her lip momentarily.

Elliana leaned over to the middle of the truck, reaching over the console between their two chairs and placed her hand below Adam's chin. Her other hand placed flatly on the leather console for support as she pulled his chin down. His eyes scanning over through his sudden cluelessness mixed with a mere amount of excitement.

She looked at him for a second, taking in a breath to find herself but ignored every question nagging her. Ella tilted her head and leaned in as she closed her eyes and found his lips. Her soft lips kissed him sweetly with a burning desire to feel something in return. His were warm and welcoming to the touch, sensitive in the sense he inched away from her as she kissed him.

Everything inside her lit up like fireworks in a dark sky. The 'thump, thump' in her chest was heavy and whole, it continued burning as she feared her spark would burn out. The longer her lips remained on his, simply feeling his touch, the more she melted and felt small. Her hand ready to shake with embarrassment and fear; a bit of anxiety taking over as she wanted to cry, unsure why.

Ella went to peel away when Adam's hand lifted and found the side of her face, thumb on her cheek as his fingers held her hair back. He too leaned in, nose touching the brim of hers as he kissed her back. Their lips parting to return and find the other as he leaned over to the middle console as she smiled for a second through their shared kiss.

"Adam." She whispered, unable to believe what they were doing. There were no words further exchanged when he kissed her back, lips locking as she inched closer to him. Unable to feel as close as she wanted to with him.

His lip trailed along her lower one, simply brushing across her lips as she breathed in, forehead meeting his for a second. Adam kept his hand to her face as she held his chin still, the two of them leaning over the console with foreheads touching.

He inhaled and looked down for a second.

Her eyes stung as she felt his warmth transfer to her they remained seated quietly, leaning in to the other. "I'm sorry." She teared up.

She felt him shake his head. "I got it."

"Adam, please." She didn't want him to say anything just yet. "I was with him thinking it'd help me get rid of the feelings for you and it-"

He cut her off, lifting his head to find her lips again and she sucked in a breath, not hesitating to kiss him back. Her lips felt swollen and it was a good feeling as she couldn't get enough of him, wanting to feel more. Her hand trailed down his neck before placing to his chest, his tie soft to the couch as she picked at it for a second.

Adam's hand found her chin now, smiling into the kiss they shared. "Don't be sorry for something you didn't do."

"I should have seen it sooner." She sniffled.

"Good things take time."

With a small smile, Elliana let her hand fall from his chest and find his hand. He turned his hand for her palm to meet his and their fingers interlocked, the butterflies filling up her stomach and she liked his touch. His hand may have been calloused, something she already knew of, but this time around she wasn't holding his hand because they were best friends goofing around, but because she genuinely held feelings for him.

She pulled away and sat back in the passenger seat of his truck, biting her lower lip in thought as he reached for the knob on the stereo, turning it up a little. "You know, I didn't do it with him."

He glanced over to her. "I know."

"How?"

Adam shrugged. "At first, I thought you did by the way you looked. Then, when you started telling me, I realized you didn't."

She inhaled with a small smile. "I think losing my virginity isn't a backseat sort of thing, and it didn't feel right." She pursed her lip.

He looked down to their hands resting between their chairs, her hold a bit tighter than his own and he internally smiled with giddy. "Well, since that didn't happen and we definitely overshared our forbidden feelings, I say we ditch."

"Yeah, me too." She leaned over and kissed him sweetly. "I'm really sorry, Adam." She pulled back just enough to feel her lips brush against his when she spoke, his breath fanning her.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner." He kissed her back, free hand to the wheel and watched her sit back in her seat. "You goin' home?"

She thought for a second. "If you want me to."

"I don't."