London Bridge Is Falling Down (Short Story)

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady.

"Please don't go out today. You know that today is the cursed day of your sixteenth birthday, Louis. (No not 1D Louis -.-)" His mother pleads with the stubborn boy. He just rolls his blue eyes at her.

"Stop exaggerating mum. It's just a stupid story. There is no such thing as the Ghost of Victoria." Louis says rudely to his mother he usually respects, but she really started to get on his nerves with this talk of the ghost of a vengeful woman.

"I'll be going then." He says turning away from his mother. She grabs his arm. "Please, Louis. As your mother! I beg you, don't go!" She says through her tears. Before Louis could answer her a maid enters the living room.

"Forgive me my lady, and young master, but Ms. Tori is here to walk you to school Master Louis." The gray haired maid says with her eyes downcast. Louis grins. "Finally! See ya, mum! I have to see Tori." He says rushing out of the manor. His mother calls out to him, but he ignores her.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady.

"Hey, Tor! How's my beautiful girl doing?" Louis asks putting an arm around Tori's shoulder. Her long black her blows in the wind. Her porcelain skin radiates brightly. 

"I'm fine thank you, Louis." She says with a soft giggle. "Guess what today is?" He asks her. "Hm, the look on your face tells me that it is your sixteenth birthday." Tori says with a strange gleam in her eyes. "So what are you going to give me?" Louis asks Tori seductively.

"I'm glad you asked. I'm going to give you what a Smith boy deserves." Tori says with some strangeness in her voice.

"What's that? Because I know what I want." Louis says moving his hand to her waist. Tori moves away, and makes a 'my lips are sealed' gesture. "You're no fun! Come on, love. Tell me." He pleads with her. She simply giggles, and walks ahead.

"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady!" Children sing as they play the very well known game of 'London Bridge'. Tori stops, and looks at the children play.

"Hey, what are you doing watching those snot nosed peasants playing?" Louis asks annoyed as Tori watches the children with a smile. Tori turns her head towards Louis, and tilts her head to the side.

"Is it displeasing to watch children play? Do you hate children?" Tori asks, and Louis finds the way her head is tilted creepy, and the way she hasn't stopped smiling like she has a surprise in store. "I hate kids. I mean they're so annoying. I never want a kid." Louis states rudely. Tori's smile remains in place. "I see." Is her simple statement as she walks on.

"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady." Tori sings to herself. "Okay, that just sounded plain creepy. Don't sing that annoying nursery rhyme." Louis says becoming irritated with Tori, but she doesn't care.

"Do you know the story behind the nursery rhyme?" Tori asks Louis. "Not really. My mum tries to tell me about it, but I really don't care about it." Louis says with obvious irritation. Tori giggles. She sees a hopscotch drawing on the ground and plays on it. All the while humming "London Bridge".

"Stop it! I told you it's creepy the way you hum it!" Louis yells at her. "Sorry, Louis, but I'm just craving to tell you the story of London Bridge." Tori says with her never faltering smile.

"You're not going to let this go, are you?" Her giggle confirms it, and he reluctantly agrees to listen to the story.

"There once was a boy and a girl. Her name was Victoria. His name was Preston. Victoria was in love with Preston. Preston was in lust with her. She told him truths. He told her lies. Two months before his sixteenth birthday, he asks for Victoria to become his. If she allowed him to make love to her, he would marry her. He lied, and left her once he found out that poor fifteen year old girl was with child." Tori says in a sing song voice as she dances along to the morbid tune of her story.